1998 Ford Mustang seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Mustang:

1998 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

May 052016

On May 5, 2016, I was driving on hwy 395 (Nevada). Driving at approximately 40 mph due to rain/hail. I felt my car begin to hydroplane, and then began to spin out of control across the hwy. At least 5 complete circles until I slammed into a concrete wall where the car came to a stop. My airbags did not deploy. The drivers seat bolts broke upon impact as well. No other cars were involved, but I suffered multiple bruises on my rt. Arm, as well as severe whiplash and internal bruising from seat breaking free upon impact. My back/spine are in serious pain due to being knocked out of alignment when the seat broke, and airbags did not deploy. I did not file a claim with my insurance company, as I only have liability insurance, however I do have an accident case number from the Nevada highway patrol: # 160500374 date: 05/05/2016 time: 9:56

- Carson City, NV, USA

Sep 072001

Mustang 6-cyl

Passive restraint system disables my ignition (it seems) sometimes when I put my key in to start the car. The alarm light blinks rapidly and if I take out my key and re insert it, I will hear a small noise like a mechanism resetting and then my car will start. 3 attempts to put on diagnostic machine..failed to diagnose.

- Suwanee, GA, USA

Sep 281999

No summary.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jun 231998

Air bag light malfunctioned.

- Los Angele, CA, USA

Apr 121999

Air bag did not inflate fully in a front end collision.

- Carson Cit, NV, USA