1999 Ford Mustang transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Mustang:

1999 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

May 292007

Mustang 4.6L V8

When the car had under 3000 miles the shifter got stuck in reverse. It was under warranty and they replaced the transmission. They said there was a known problem with the manual 5 speed transmission. I have had no problems with the trans for the last 100,000 miles. I recently had the clutch replaced and the trans has locked up twice in the last two weeks. The last time I was able to get it out of reverse after several trys. This time I am having it towed to the Ford dealer that replaced the clutch. I will let you know what they tell me.

- , Melvindale, MI, USA