- November 28: Ford Tosses Takata, Toyota Recalls Takata Airbags
- November 23: Ford Recalls 452,000 Cars To Fix Gas Tank Leaks
- November 21: Ford Recalls E-350 and E-450 For Trailer Brake Problems
- October 28: Ford Recalls 131,000 Vehicles, Mostly SUVs For Fire Risk
- October 20: Ford F-150 Electric Brake Vacuum Pump Investigation Upgraded
2000 Ford Mustang
Worst 2000 Mustang transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- downshift makes clunking noise1
- engine dies when put into gear1
- shifts hard1
- transmission grinds1
- transmission slips1
- transmission won't go into drive1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission12
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission10
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Mustang Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Mustang compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Mustang overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Mustang.