- December 18: Ford Recalls 500,000 Mustangs To Fix Exploding Airbags
- December 4: Ford Recalls Mustang Sports Cars and Transit Connect Cargo Vans
- November 25: Ford Cleared in Steering Defect Investigation of 500,000 Cars
- November 18: Ford Fusions Recalled So They Don't Roll Away
- November 23: Ford Explorer Exhaust Fumes Lawsuit Still Breathing
2000 Ford Mustang
Worst 2000 Mustang transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- downshift makes clunking noise1
- engine dies when put into gear1
- shifts hard1
- transmission grinds1
- transmission slips1
- transmission won't go into drive1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission12
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission10
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Mustang Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Mustang compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Mustang overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Mustang.