2001 Ford Mustang brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Mustang:

2001 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Jul 222004

Mustang 6-cyl

2 days earlier had car at mechanic and he said my pads were a little low so they shoould be changed. The day I had the appointmnet to replace the pads the rear caliper frozen open and emergency brake would not work either. While in my driveway with foot on brake pedal, car started rolling forward. Hit post in driveway and tore off driver mirror and dented door. Brought car back to mechanic then towed car to dealer as I had extended warranty and didn't want to pay mechanic for parts or labor as mechanic stated caliper frozen. Dealer would not fix damage to door/mirror. The pads still had something left otherwise rotors would be scratched up with metal digging in. There is no evidence of metal against metal what so ever. Dealer also stated master cylinder needed replacing as it had leaked all fluid out of system. Needed to bleed system and replace caliper. Dealer said nobody would do anything about damage and it was my problem. I had the dealer put the new pads on that my mechanic had purchased for doing my brakes. Dealer wanted to charge me $195 to do this. I knew someone there and they waived the fee but I had to pay $100 deductable for extended warranty coverage. Do not buy a Ford!!!!!

- Fort Lee, NJ, USA

Jun 122003

Mustang 8-cyl

2001 Ford Mustang cobra - parking brake failure. Car rolled forward downhill, crashing into another parked vehicle.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

Jan 022003

Mustang

Consumer stated while vehicle was parked up hill with parking brake engaged without any indication vehicle roll down hill. Dealer was contacted.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA