9.9

2001 Ford Mustang drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Mustang:

2001 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Sep 062010

Mustang 6-cyl

The manual transmission is extremely difficult to shift from first to second gear when cold. This is a safety issue because I need to make a left turn onto a busy street when the car is cold. The difficulty in shifting has left me vulnerable as I can't accelerate as I intend and I am in danger of colliding with oncoming traffic that expects me to accelerate at a reasonable rate.

- Santa Clara, CA, USA

Nov 152001

Mustang

The main problem is the transmission failures. It has gone out three times all in the same manner. The car in bone stock and only has 13,800 miles on it. The third time a field district engineer supposedly examined it and said the the parts and workmanship appear to be fine with no flaws and declined my warranty claim. I have been through the dispute settlement board and the ks attorney general with no positive outcome. I don't understand this action especially since I work for Ford(Kansas City assembly plant)I have researched this problem and found out that there weere problems with the '01 transmissions as per the technical service bulletins, tsb# 14879 NHTSA# SB620176, so it appears that dearborn assembly and Ford know of this problem but yet I'm still getting resistance"??????????"

- Blue Springs, MO, USA

Oct 152001

Mustang

The vehicle jumped out of gear while driving.

- Columbia, SC, USA