1. replace (2 reports)
2001 Ford Mustang fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Mustang:

2001 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Jan 022014

Mustang V6

Fuel pump went out completely, even with car being serviced frequently.

- , Bluff City, TN, USA

Jan 102004

Mustang

Not only did my driver module, fuel pump and power steering pump fail, they all failed just 2 months after the warranty had expired. I now know that Ford products are terrible, and will never buy them again.

To make matters worse, service was as bad as possible as it took 3 weeks before my car was fixed.... at a ford dealer! This ford dealer could not diagnose the problem before I was stranded many miles from home and had to have it towed.

This was by far the worst car experience of my life, so much so that I am filing complaints with the better business bureau, the bureau of automotive repair, with Ford directly, with Lithia Ford Dealers, and every other place that I can find. It truly was a nightmare.

- , Concord, CA, USA