2001 Ford Mustang fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Mustang:

2001 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Aug 102003

Mustang

I recently purchased a 2001 Ford Mustang. I recently noticed that the gas tank is located behind the rear axle and is actually attached to the rear bumper. After doing some research on the internet, I have found out that this is a very serious problem in the Ford Mustangs that can result in the vehicle catching on fire and exploding in the event of a rear-impact collision. I am very concerned now for my personal safety and the safety of my family. This is obviously a defective design in the Ford Mustangs that needs appropriate attention and a new design. I have almost stopped driving alltogether because of this very serious defect. I do not want to be killed in an accident when my Mustang catches on fire and explodes because of the location of the fuel tank. Please investigate this serious safety/design flaw in the Ford Mustangs and contact me with your information. I have never been so scared to drive a vehicle in my life.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA