2002 Ford Mustang brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Mustang:

2002 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Nov 122014

Mustang 6-cyl

There was a vehicle in front of me. Both vehicles were traveling at the same speed. The car in front of me anchored the brakes. I was 3 car length behind. Th ABS failed and did not allow the brakes to resume. We hit the back end of the car in front at 35mph. The passenger seatbelt broke ending my fiance head into the windshield. The airbags did not deploy car was totaled and the Toyota did not have a scratch: Myself and my girl are both injured. I purchased this car 5/14. I believe there may not be airbags and I also think this car escaped having to have a salvage title. We are upset to say the least. As it is one thing but to put a consumers life at risk is another. This is the second car from this dealer since March 2014 that we had been given a death trap.

- Portland, OR, USA