8.0

2002 Ford Mustang engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Mustang:

2002 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Nov 042016

Mustang GT 4.6L V8

JUST PULLED OFF FROM A RED LIGHT GOING 20 MPH. AND IT BLEW A SPARK PLUG ON PASSENGER SIDE. I HEARD FORD IS AWARE OF THIS BUT WILL NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

- , Greer, SC, USA

May 312016

Mustang GT 4.6L

I was on my way to work when I heard a loud pop and then a sound like my car was about to throw a rod. I was nervous because I did not know what would happen. Thank God I made it to work and then was able to get the car home. It set for few months until I was able to have someone look at. The person that looked at advised me that the coil pack had been blown. He replace the coil pack and the spark plug we then started the car and ran for less than five minutes and the spark plug blew out the engine. The person replacing the part is a certified mechanic and stated that the threads in the head were probably stripped and I would have to take it to a machine shop. My car has less than 100,00 miles and after talking with other individuals this seems to be a common occurrence. As a consumer what is being done to correct this?

- , Saint Joseph, MO, USA

Feb 272015

Mustang GT 4.6L V8

The motor keeps blowing spark plugs out of cylinders 7 & 8.... 8 has been fixed already, but now 7 needs to be fixed.... This is a burden and Ford should be replacing and fixing these problems because it is a manufacturing problem not the customer's or owners fault.... This motor was poorly assembled and obvious not much effort was put into it at all

- , Nrw Bedford, MA, USA