2003 Ford Mustang accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Mustang:

2003 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Jun 012009

I have owned a 2001 and 2003 Ford mustang and a 2001 Ford Explorer all of which had a factory in dash 6 disc changer. Each one of these vehicles have had cd's get stuck while it was being ejected and would just pop up cd error and not work. Once it starts it happens at least once a week. I have replaced one and had the same problem with it. Just like anyone else I attempted to get the cd player to work as I was going down the road. If you the dash in the right spot it will work usually. As you can tell this is very distracting from driving. I cannot say that it has caused me an accident but I'm sure there are people out there that it has. There are numerous forums on the internet about this problem. When I contacted Ford I was told to take it to try to take it to the shop. That they work with ya'll on recalls. I know this may not seem like something that would be a huge safety issue directly, but when you look at how many lives are lost by distracted drivers everyday it turns into a huge problem.

- Summerville , GA, USA

May 102008

Was going 25 mph when spark plug blew out of my 2003 Ford Mustang. From talking with others this seems to be a known problem resulting from only 4 threads. I nearly had a wreck thinking and held up traffic in a very dangerous area as I was afraid to restart car.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Jul 132005

Mustang 6-cyl

I am writing this because of the research regarding the accelerator pedal interferance with the carpet with my 2003 Ford Mustang. The carpet frees itself from the holder and lodges itself between the pedals. To date there has not been any damages occured by this, however it does interefere with the gas pedal.

- Parkton, MD, USA

May 262005

Mustang 8-cyl

2003 Ford Mustang cobra gas pedal getting stuck down after accelerating due to the carpet not secure by the gas pedal causing it to be stuck down.

- Goose Creek , SC, USA