2003 Ford Mustang seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Mustang:

2003 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Aug 202013

As an overweight 6'9" citizen and phd scientist, I would like to know what safety tests are done for people that deviate from a normal size and weight. I understand that safety tests are done for children, but what about people that are very tall, or as it is an increasing problem in the us, people that are very obese? my seat belt touches my neck rather than going over my shoulder, potentially exposing me to neck injuries. The passenger airbags will impact my knees rather than my body, and there is no neck support from my headrest. I am quite concerned that I could be severely injured in an accident since vehicles are not properly tested to support tall and/or overweight individuals. Presumably the NHTSA and ntsb could be held liable for a lack of such testing were someone injured in an accident. Even neglecting safety information, someone who is 6'9" such as myself will not fit into most vehicles, and only some vehicles with ample leg/head room are safe for me to drive comfortably.

- Pasadena, CA, USA

Mar 162013

Mustang 6-cyl

Making a right turn in a residential neighborhood with a speed of aprox. 10 mph the airbags suddenly deployed on the drivers side and the passengers side. There was no collision with any kind of objects (car, pets.varments, road debris etc;;... ) there was no damage whatsoever to the car. But my son was knock-out briefly and had injuries to his face, chin, and arms. Thankfully no other cars are people were in the path while he was turning.

- Russellville, AL, USA

Nov 082010

Air bag failed to deploy. Making a left hand turn from a driveway into the street and was hit with speed over 40mph. Completely totaled the front end of car and buckled the hood severely. Front bumper completely removed. Impact was initially on driver side, but the entire front end was destroyed.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Jun 112003

Consumer stated that when hit at 35mph in the front driver side of the vehicle the air bags did not deploy. Dealer notified.

- Catlettsburg, KY, USA