5.0

2. replace ABS computer (1 reports)
2004 Ford Mustang electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Mustang:

2004 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Mar 302013

Mustang 40th Anniversary/Pony Pkg 3.9L

I was in a front end collision and that is when my ABS light issues started. For the first 6 months to a year, the light would come on randomly (of course, it would never turn on when I took it to a repair shop)... Now the light stays on constantly, but my braking ability doesn't seem to be affected. The shop said I would have to replace the car's computer... For an 11 year old car, that just doesn't seem like a good investment.

- , Tampa, FL, USA

Nov 092009

Mustang 4.6L

Was eating lunch and came out to my car and started the engine. The ABS and traction light came on for about a minute. Then the TRaction control light went out, but the ABS light stayed on for about 10 minutes while driving. Then suddenly turned off by iutself. I wonder if this is a common issue or if I have a ghost in the machine?

- , Oceanside, CA, USA