2004 Ford Mustang engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Mustang:

2004 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Aug 282005

Mustang 8-cyl

While driving my 2004 Mustang cobra, the gas pedal became stuck at wide open throttle. I shifted the car into neutral and it bounced off the redline for about 3 seconds before I turned the car off. I nearly got into an accident trying to stop the car. I found the gas pedal to be stuck against the underside of the edge of the floors carpet. Now I don't know if something is broken on my car. It has less than 5,000 miles on it and is just over a year old. Someone is going to get killed from this, and it is definitely a design flaw with the car as I know from internet forums it has happened to many people.

- Hilliard, OK, USA