2004 Ford Mustang miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Mustang:

2004 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Jan 032011

Mustang

For at least 5 years the convertible top leaks water into the back of the car when the top folds down into the back of the car, then this water leaks onto the back floor boards. Afraid it is going to rot out the floor boards. This needs to be taken care of. I know of many Ford Mustangs that do this.

- Vincennes, IN, USA

Aug 192005

Mustang 8-cyl

While accelerating my gas pedal got stuck under my carpet and my engine RPM's shot up and my engine almost blew because I couldn't get my gas pedal unstuck, I finally had to cut my engine off so my engine wouldn't blow;I was fortunate that the freeway was clear and no cars in front of me.

- Havelock, NC, USA

Aug 122005

Mustang

Consumer inquiry regarding recalls or defects relating to the 2004 Ford Mustang.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jul 112005

Mustang 8-cyl

Carpet hung accelerator causing vehicle to run at open throttle till I switched it off and coasted to a stop! I have cut carpet, taped it down and made sure it cleared the accelerator pedal.

- Laurinburg, NC, USA

May 122005

Mustang 8-cyl

While driving my 04 mach 1, the gas pedal got stuck under the carpet twice. The first time the car reached an estimated speed of around 125 mph before I shut it down and pulled over. The second time I knew what happened and reached down and lifted the pedal up to free it. These are pretty dangerous situations. I'm going to take it to the dealer and see what they say.

- Ashford, AL, USA

Jun 012004

Mustang 8-cyl

Gas pedal has gotten stuck under carpet a few times, at first I thought it was the floor mat doing it but after looking more closely it appears to be the carpet or the way it was installed thats causing it.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 132005

Mustang 6-cyl

The consumer stated that because of his carpet, his accelerator sticks and the brake hangs on the carpet as well. The dealer refused to look at it until the vehicle was recalled. The manufacturer stated the same thing. The consumer hit a pole and caused minor damage to pole and his vehicle.

- Dallas , TX, USA

Jun 032005

Mustang 8-cyl

The gas pedal gets stuck under the carpet causing the car to rev at high RPM's and shutting the car off while driving.

- Abilene, TX, USA

May 162005

Mustang 8-cyl

While accellerating car, gas pedal got stuck under carpet, so I immediately shifted into neutral, car began to bounce off of rev. Limiter until I finally got gas pedal unstuck.

- Bellefonte, PA, USA

Aug 212004

Mustang 8-cyl

While driving my 2004 Ford Mustang GT convertible with the top down and the boot fastened as instructed in the owner's handbook, the boot detached and flew into traffic. This has happened on two occasions.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA