2004 Ford Mustang seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Mustang:

2004 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Feb 282016

We were in an accident on 2-28-2016 and was hit from the side and pushed into a ditch while passing a Ford 250 he turned into us while driving 50 mph. The airbags did not go off.

- Floral City, FL, USA

Aug 162009

The contact owns a 2004 Ford Mustang. While driving 10mph, a vehicle proceeded through a traffic light and crashed into the front passenger side of her vehicle. There were no injuries sustained; however, she stated that the air bags are defective since the impact from the crash should have caused them to deploy. The dealer has not diagnosed the failure. The current and failure mileage was 80,000.

- Aliceville, AL, USA

May 132005

Mustang 8-cyl

I had a deer accident on my way to work & wrecked my 2004 Ford Mustang convertible & the airbags did not deploy & I took the entire force of the accident. I flipped end over end & rolled it once or twice & hit the right front bumper on a concrete slap & flipped back on the wheels & destroyed the front end & completely totaled the car! I have severe head trama, whiplash, injured back, neck & shoulders & am in physical therapy 3X's a week & lots of pain & inflamation rx's. Ford motor doesn't seem to want to give me any answers & I've contacted 4 different lawyers & none of them want to take Ford on to investigate what has happened & I can't get any help so I thought I'd ask for your help & any information you can provide me with would be greatly appreciated.

- Pomeroy, OH, USA

Jul 232004

Malfunction in deployment of the air bags on 2004 Ford Mustang. The vehicle was involved in a single car accident in which the vehicle hit the guardrail. The air bags did not deploy.

- Herndon, VA, USA