5.6

2. fuel system cleaner seems to clear this up (1 reports)
  3. had the whole dash replaced (1 reports)
2005 Ford Mustang accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Mustang:

2005 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Dec 002007

Mustang 4.0L

So, while i would love to know how fast i am driving, every time i save up $200 to repair it, something major breaks down and I have to put it off.....JOKES on me, really ford.

- , Suquamish, WA, USA

Dec 092011

Mustang V6

Car is great except for the new problem of the gas gauge going wacky. I start the car and the gas gauge goes well, well, past the full mark. Need help! Anyone had this problem and what was the fix.

- , Ormond Beach, FL, USA

Apr 202011

Mustang V6

The problem is still accuring after having replaced the sending unit. The machanic is saying I am over filling the tank and that I should never top off in other words. When the pump shut off don't rengage it, I don't and the problem still happens. gas gage drops to empty after filling.

I love my mustang and I get alot of compliements on it. I wish there was away to fix this problem. If anyone has an answer or may have found a fix please reply by email. I would love to hear from you if possible. I am going back to the mechanic on Monday to see what he has to say now. After the exwarrenty paid for the sending unit I still had the pay labor 283.00 dollars and I just paid another 109.00 dollars. This is getting old any help is appericated

- , Hallowell, Maine, USA

Apr 152009

Mustang V6

I love my mustang but the fuel thing really made me very mad. I would fill up and it would Read WAY under empty. The first time they replace the needle on the fuel gauge then after it happened again they replaced the whole fuel gauge. And it doing find then one day I put 40 in the tank and jumped on the highway. Not only did it read wrong it they died like I had not just put fuel in it. So I had them tow my car and I told them they better fix or else... So they ended up replacing the whole dash. Which now rattles when I drive. :( But now it is acting up again.

- , Overland Park, KS, USA

Aug 012008

Mustang Premium Coupe 4L V6

I filled the car up with fuel, and a few miles later noticed that the fuel gauge was reading empty. Then the car started to misfire under load and the check engine light came on.

I added fuel system cleaner. Overtime, the engine smoothed out, and eventually the gauge started to function again. (days later)

I believe that excessive sulfur in the fuel I bought that day was the culprit.

The fuel system gauge had acted up before, and fuel system cleaner had fixed it before, but this was the first time the check engine light came on.

Some other owners have had to replace the fuel system sender.

- , Oakland Park, FL, USA