2005 Ford Mustang engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Mustang:

2005 Ford Mustang Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jul 062005

Mustang 6-cyl

I purchased a 2005 Mustang on June 17, 2005. On July 6, 2005, while in traffic I noticed in stop and go traffic the car was accelerating when it should have been decelerating. I actually smelled rubber burning from the tires that were still moving although the break was pressed. When I began to accelerate, the car acted as if it was in neutral and would not move for approximately 4 to 5 seconds, but the engine reveled up high then the car jerked and accelerated on its own. On July 8, 2005 while stopping at a stop sign the car accelerated when it should have decelerated causing the tires to continue to turn, once again I smelled the rubber burning from the tire. On June 11, 2005, car accelerated when stopping. I took the car in to automax Ford, explained what was happening, took repair office attendant for a test drive, problem did not happen during the test drive. Attendant said if it happens again bring it in. On July 12, 2005, accelerated at stop sign, when tried to accelerate car would not move, then kicked into gear after 4 to 5 seconds accelerated high and sped off. July 13, 2005, accelerated when stoped, July 14, 2005, when stopped and started car would not move when accelerated. Called automax Ford spoke with same repair attendant, voiced my concern of being afraid to drive the car. I have kids and this car is not safe. Asked attendant for a loaner car becasue I have no other transportation and he said he will call me when a loaner car is available. Pleaded with him not to forget about me and how afraid I was to drive the car. I haven't made the first payment on this car and it is causing problems for me.

- Killeen, TX, USA