2006 Ford Mustang fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Mustang:

2006 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Apr 232016

While driving the 5 spd, taking off from stop sign there is a dead spot then it takes off irradically. Once on the interstate, I tried to slow down and footfeed stuck so I shifted down and pumped the footfeed/pedal that wasn't stuck..the motor eventually slowed down to a manageable level. It has something wrong with the throttle pedal assembly sensor. Has others complained of this" it is a recall situation Ford is willing to take care of" I am the 3rd owner. The first two complained it was hard to take off on a hill. But that can be an inexperienced driver problem is why I bought it.

- Yale, IA, USA

Jul 112015

Car started to stall while in motion, applied gas and was ok. At next stop light, the car stalled out. After trying to start a few times which it did but immediately stalled out. After sitting a few minutes, it started ok and was fine. Left car at dealer for 1 week, they could not find anything wrong. On 8/15/15, the wrench came on twice and then the engine check light stayed on. This was after a 215 mille drive on the interstate. Returned to dealer who now had computer codes. Electronic throttle body needed replacement. Part listed on bill says potentiometer Ford part#6L2Z-9B989-D. this now explains subtle accelerations that occurred on highway when it was not me applying pressure to the gas pedal.

- Springfield, MA, USA

Jun 012015

I was at a stop getting ready to merge with traffic when the car just died. I restarted the car but it ran real ruff I barely got off the road. I had to towe the car home it's the throttle -by-wire this system needs to be addressed before someone gets hurt. Thanks lee

- Marysville, WA, USA

Jan 062014

When at gas station you cant fill up the gas tank without it spitting the gas back out. Not even full when this is happening.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Oct 112012

I am a senior that owns a 2006 Mustang convertible the gas tank fill has backed up on me twice causing a skin reaction dealer where I purchased car says there is nothing the matter it makes traveling very unsafe as I never know when tank will allow a fill-up Ford should help with a solution I may have to give my car up as there does not seem to be any interest in consumer complaints.

- No Attleboro, MA, USA

Oct 082012

Lately when I try to fill up my 2006 Mustang the gas pump either automatically stops around 1/2 tank or gas gushes down the side of my car and on the ground when trying to fill it full. Definite fire hazard along with other safety issues. Looked up online and this seems to be a issue with thousands of Mustangs with the S197 gas tanks. Lets don't let a fire at a gas pump cost someone's life before we make Ford fix this issue. Car is out of warranty so Ford will not fix.

- Inman, SC, USA