2007 Ford Mustang engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Mustang:

2007 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Jul 152013

Mustang 8-cyl

This has been a recurring problem that I have been experiencing for quite awhile. I was researching a lunge problem, discovered it is frequently happening to others. It happens when I am going a very slow speed. It has happened in traffic many times which is scary, in my housing developments, we have speed bumps so you must drive slowly and making turns. It just immediately all shuts down and the car stops. I actually try to avoid traffic on freeway because it has happened so many times. I have discussed, in the past, this with my mechanic various times and made sure everything in my car is fine. I have replaced everything and my car is well maintained. Extremely dangerous.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Nov 012013

Mustang 6-cyl

Driving at interstate speed car lunging acting as if the engine was wanting to cut out and then seems to 'catch'. I have since noticed it doing the same with in town driving. So speeds seem not to be an issue. I have done some online searching and have found Ford has issues with auto throttle body and the symptoms sound exactly like the issues I'm having with my car. I found this, and filed the complaint and am going to be in contact with my Ford service center in regards to the Feb. 2014 update where affected owners should contact Ford and mention consumer satisfaction program 13N03. : recall for defective Ford throttle body could come from petition the North Carolina consumers council (nccc) has officially petitioned the national highway safety administration (NHTSA) for a defect investigation of alleged throttle body failures in 2005-2012 Ford escape vehicles sharing the same or substantially similar part.

- Palmyra, IN, USA

Oct 142013

Mustang 6-cyl

While driving car shuts off. No steering. Harmonic balancer fail off. Hit a ditch.

- Bossier City, LA, USA

Jul 312011

Mustang 8-cyl

I have reported this problem before but since then two other people who have driven my car have experienced it. I now warn anyone who has to drive my car that it drives by itself. I have received dirty looks from people, been yelled out, due to this problem. It accelerates on its own. I will be behind someone at a light, foot on brake and it will start revving. They think I am messing with them. I will be in neutral and it will drive faster. I will be in reverse slowly and it floors. I had to be taken to emergency by a neighbor. I warned her and when we were returning home, she pulled in my driveway and it just started to speed up fast. She nailed down the brake. It scared her to death. She thanked me for warning her because otherwise we would have crashed and been hurt. She won't ever drive my car again. I had my car in valet in las vegas at green valley ranch and the guy working was pulling the car around to me and it was revving really high and wanting to speed. He was apologizing profusely. He kept saying he was not showing off or playing around. He kept saying he was driving slow, please don't think he was acting crazy and he parks ferraris! I told him it was okay and that my car drives itself and that I knew he wasn't responsible. He said he will never park another one of these again. He needed his job. How many people have to have this problem before Ford will acknowledge there is one. Is this like the whole Toyota thing" if there is a large lawsuit can I be contacted? does someone have to die first before they do anything? I know there are many more complaints on this issue than on this site. I have seen them but people seem to think this is useless. Is that correct" I would love to know

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Jul 262013

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact stated that the engine made knocking and pinging noises while driving at various speeds or while parked. The contact mentioned that the failure occurred suddenly. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the contact was informed that there was low engine oil and in result the engine needed to be replaced. The contact also mentioned that the oil pressure indicator failed to illuminate. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 27,000.

- Los Angeles , CA, USA

Jul 182013

I'm not sure how to explain because I don't know much about motors but I'll try. There was a squeak in my car it would come and go. I broke down on the highway. The mechanic said the harmonic balance broke which broke the crank senor. The car just died on the highway. The mechanic said it is common in Mustangs in fact he just replaced one last week. I don't drive my car often as you can tell it only has 40,000 miles on it and it is a 2007 and when I bought it, had 3 miles on it.. now my question is if there is a recall on this and I already had this happen to me do I get paid back..

- Woodriver Jct, RI, USA

Apr 062013

Mustang 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact stated that as the vehicle was being serviced, the private mechanic diagnosed that the harmonic balancer needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 101,000.

- Mounds, OK, USA

Jan 022012

Mustang 6-cyl

My 2007 Ford Mustang has had a water leak under the passenger side area that has and is still causing electrical shortage in the car. Everytime it rains water gets into the vehicle and causes major damage. Ford dealership will not repair it under warranty and my out of pocket expenses to fix this problem would be enormous. This water leak is a tsb on Ford's site which means they know something is wrong with the 05-09 models. My car is now out of commision and will not start. I have replaced two batteries over the last year because of the water leak causing shortages in my car. This car is now a lemon beccause of the severe water damage Ford has caused my vehicle to receive. I have a vehicle that will not start and Ford will not repair without payment. I am sending this complaint so that a recall can be issused so I can repair my car. Ford knows there is a major problem and has done nothing about this. This is a $35,000 vehicle and only 5 years old and the engine won't even start. This issue is a major electrical hazard and is a danger to myself and my children.

- Kenner, LA, USA