2007 Ford Mustang engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Mustang:

2007 Ford Mustang Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 012008

Mustang 8-cyl

2007 manufacturing defect: Extensive leaking of water into electrical components. Causing lights to go off, or sometimes go on without switching on, windows go up and down by themselves, occasionally motor cuts out on highway, cruise control operates intermittently. Eventually this will also result in premature structural damage.

- N. Scituate, RI, USA

Jul 152010

Mustang 6-cyl

I was involved in a crash after my accelerator got stuck on a 2007 Ford Mustang V6. I had just left my house when I slowly accelerated and all of the sudden the pedal got stuck and was unable to stop until I crashed into a neighbor's rock wall. Although the impact was hard I suffered minor injuries from the air bag, other than that I am lucky to have survived. I was the scariest thing I have ever experienced.

- El Paso , TX, USA

Jun 132007

Mustang

Similar to the 2010 Fusion problem of stuck accelerator, I have had this same problem with the 2007 Ford Mustang GT. This problem has occurred ever since I received the mats in June of 2007 and has occurred numerous times! the all-weather mat is sitting on top of the standard mat and slips forward. When the accelerator is depressed fully, it does get stuck under the all-weather mat. In one incident, I was on a freeway going to pass a vehicle. When I floored the accelerator, it stuck! in a Mustang, you can imagine the amount of acceleration involved and I was up over 120mph in seconds! I had to turn off the engine to begin deceleration. Frightening!

- Powell, OH, USA

Sep 202007

Mustang

I have an 07 Ford Mustang GT. It has a little over 18000 miles on it and the throttle has stuck several times. I press the brake and reach down and pull up the pedal. The dealer first tried to tell me it was the floor mat. It is not, the floor mat does not come into contact with the pedal. Through a BBB arbitration Ford was told to replace the vehicle. The second vehicle does the same thing. When pressed to the floor the pedal sticks and the car continues to accelerate. It is an intermittent problem that the dealer cannot replicate, so they cannot fix it. I have been blessed with fast reflexes and short legs so I can hold the brake on and pull up the gas pedal while keeping control of the car. The dealer service department has given up trying to repair it. The warranty has expired. The problem still remains.

- West Chester, OH, USA

Apr 122010

Mustang

I recently saw the report concerning the Ford gas pedals being stuck by the floormat. I own a 2007 Ford Mustang and have experienced this on at least 5 occasions.

- New Market, MD, USA

Mar 182010

Mustang

I hope Ford jumps on this before someone gets hurt. 2007 Ford Mustang. 03/18/2010 driving down highway accelerator sticks, hit brake does not stop or disengage; tap pedal does not disengage speeds up more still stuck, kill ignition car still in drive, slip transmission to neutral and brought car to full stop. Pedal still stuck until car put in gear. Still scared to drive car to Ford house. If you have experienced this with other Ford vehicles please post, we need to bring this to Ford corporate attention quick.

- Rockwall, TX, USA

Feb 132009

Mustang

While driving this 2007 Ford Mustang on 2/13/2010, the accelerator pedal stuck at full throttle. Stayed stuck for 3-5 seconds. Car was going in excess of 80mph. Before it released. I am a very experienced driver, and feel that this could of been a very bad situation if someone less experienced was driving.

- Dodge City, KS, USA

Oct 152009

Mustang

The driver side floor mat/rug on my 2007 Mustang was not locked under the tab on the floor. This has happened on 2 separate occasions. Because the mat slides forward it interferes with the gas/accelerator pedal causing the accelerator pedal to not return and allow de-acceleration/slowing down. I took the Mustang to a local dealer to have the system checked. Their conclusion was the floor mat/rug caused the problem and that it must be locked under the tab to prevent it from sliding forward and interfering with the pedal. I believe this problem is the same as with the recent Toyota problem?? I believe a safety notice to all owners is in order to help prevent this type of potential for a serious vehicular accident.

- Panama City Beach, FL, USA

May 192007

Mustang

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact stated that when he releases the accelerator pedal, the vehicle fails to slow down. The vehicle takes approximately three to five seconds to decelerate. Ford sent a technician to investigate the failure and concluded that nothing could be done because the vehicle was designed to operate in that manner. The failure mileage was 16,694.

- Postville, IA, USA

Apr 282008

Mustang 6-cyl

I have a new Ford Mustang 6 cyl. (2007). The gas pedal hesitates to "catch", and then lurches the car forward. When I bought the car in March 2007 (new) I brought it back to the dealer, who had it checked out. They said it was "normal" for this to happen, and I "would get used to it". I have driven it for a year in the san francisco area. It lurches forward when I accelerate from stop signs, traffic lights, etc. It is a big nuisance, but I didn't think it was that serious until I was driving in the trinity alps mountain area of northern California. On twisty mountain roads the hesitation and lurching in the gas pedal almost caused me to go over the side of a 3000 ft mountain road! it is extremely difficult to keep control of this car on winding mountain roads, and it is extremely dangerous to drive this car on such roads. I just brought it back into the dealership. They again said it was a "normal" situation for this model of car, and refused to get it fixed. There is apparently no way to adjust the throttle control, unlike in older cars with a throttle cable (this has a computer-type chip). This must be fixed or someone will eventually get killed!

- El Cerrito, CA, USA

Aug 212007

Mustang 6-cyl

With foot off the gas pedal, car takes off at 30 mph (4,000 RPM) and could not stop. Ran a stop sign car did this twice within first 250 miles of use. We are now afraid to drive it and are having it towed to the dealer. It happened with 2 different drivers on 2 separate days. Please be advised this is a very dangerous condition. The consumer stated the floor mat was incorrectly installed by the salesman and the floor mat was properly installed problem is resolved. Updated 09/11/07

- Broadview Heights, OH, USA

Apr 222007

Mustang 8-cyl

I was driving my 2007 Ford Mustang GT down city streets when the accelerator locked up. The car continued to accelerate despite removing my foot from the gas pedal and applying the brakes did little to help slow the car. This caused me to run a 3-way intersection, which forced me to turn at dangerous rate of speed. I ended up running the car off the road, over a curb/sidewalk and into a small tree to stop it. The car sustained damage to both driver's side tires, the driver's front fender, bumper, driver's side front wheel and front suspension.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Mar 232007

Mustang 6-cyl

- the contact worked for avis budget and drove a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact started the engine, shifted the gear to drive and without warning the vehicle accelerated on its own to 40 mph. The contact drove into a barrier in an unsuccessful attempt to stop the vehicle. He crashed into a parked vehicle which caused damage to 3 other vehicles. The driver sustained injuries which were due to the air bag, it scraped the flesh off of his right arm. There were no passengers in the vehicle. The only air bag that deployed was on the drivers side. A police report was taken. The consumer provided copies of a similar experience. The consumer stated wants something done because avis budget keeps renting the same model vehicle with the same defect and other employees had the same experience with this model car. Updated 07/06/07

- Holualoa , HI, USA

Jan 182007

Mustang 8-cyl

- the contact stated the throttle on his 2007 Ford Mustang GT became stuck, he had just shifted into 2nd gear. He was traveling at 25 mph, but does not remember what speed the vehicle reached before he was able to stop. The contact stated that he stepped on the brake and turned the power off to the engine to slow down the vehicle and coasted to the side of the road. There were no warning indicators or lights. The contact attempted to restart the vehicle and the throttle again became stuck. The failure mileage was 2489 miles. The vehicle was towed to a Ford dealership. The contact has not yet spoken with the dealer. Updated 6/9/08 the engine RPM increase instantly and caused the vehicle to speed up out of control. The consumer was a told the vehicle had a faulty mass air sensor. Updated 06/09/08

- Winter Springs, FL, USA

Oct 172006

Mustang 8-cyl

I purchased a 2007 Ford GT V-8 automatic Mustang on 10/10/06. One week after the purchase, I was driving, and my throttle got stuck. I pulled the E brake and threw the car into neutral. After stopped the car eventually turned, I believe because the RPM's were so high. Eleven days later on 10/29/06 I took off and the gas pedal started to take control again, yet failed to go to the extreme as the first time. On 11/07/06 approx 6:45 pm, I was driving, going about 55 mph. It was already dark outside & roads wet. After being set on a speed of 50-55 mph, I hit the gas pedal to get up to around 60 mph. Once I did, I could feel the gas pedal go down on it's own. Instinct reaction was to hit the brakes, but when I did the car started sliding due to the wet road. While the RPM's were going up, I threw the shift into neutral and pulled the E brake. Once I finally stopped, the RPM's were still extreme, and then the car finally cut off on it's own. I left the car at the dealership that evening. The following afternoon on 11/08/06, the mechanic stated that the car was ready, so I asked what they had determined. He stated that the floor mat was the issue. The first time this happened to me, I did not have the weather mat which is 5 cm thick. In addition, how can a floor mat, make a pedal accelerate on it's own? I could actually feel the gas pedal going down as if cruise control was just turned on. The dealership asked if he could drive my car home to his house to determine the issue. He also stated that he was going to put a flight detector on the car. I spoke with him on 11/09/06; he stated that the throttle got stuck on him. He stated again that it was a floor mat issue. He is going to continue to drive my car for another day or two, with out the floor mats, to see if it happens again. I find it hard to believe that a floor mat can cause such a fatal incident. Either way, I have a new car that is supposed to be my dream car and I am scared to death to drive it!

- Columbus, OH, USA