2007 Ford Mustang engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Mustang:

2007 Ford Mustang Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 102015

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. While stopped at a light, the vehicle independently accelerated and crashed into a wall. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained bruises and had a heart aneurysm, which required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic. The VIN and failure mileage were unavailable.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Dec 052014

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact stated that the vehicle independently accelerated without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 218,547.

- Dallas , TX, USA

Nov 072014

The contact owned a 2007 Ford Mustang. While driving approximately 70 mph, the vehicle surged forward when the accelerator pedal was depressed. In addition, the brakes failed to respond when the brake pedal was depressed. The vehicle crashed into a tree. A police report was filed. The front passenger sustained a laceration on the left hand, which required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 82,000.

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Sep 062014

Mustang 8-cyl

Ford shelby GT500 2007, accelerator stuck! while going around some cars on a 4 lane highway at first I didn't bother to downshift and depressed the gas pedal to the floor. When I realized I needed to downshift and took my foot off the gas while depressing the clutch the RPM's went up and I immediately knew the gas pedal was stuck down. It felt like it snapped or locked down. Luckily I was able to keep control of the car by holding the clutch down and tapping (more like stomping) the gas pedal till it released. I feel fortunate that the shelby has a governor than keeps the RPM's under 6,000. My prior experience with older cars in my teens with sticky accelerator cables was also a life saver. I show this car and floor mats are a non issue removed while driving to preserve them. After I got home I was unable to duplicate with car safely turned off. Will contact Ford dealer tomorrow.

- Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Jul 242014

Mustang 6-cyl

Came behind slower moving vehicle, pushed pedal down to pass pedal went to floor and would not release. The car literally was driving itself speed kept increasing dramatically. Slammed accelerator pedal hard as I hit the brake. Finally released. Pulled over no carpeting or mats interfering with the pedal operation. Today, 7/25 it happened again but more violently. Seems to happen when engaging passing gear. I have driven for over 45 years as over the road sales engineer, never experienced such total lack of vehicle control. Worse we are in Canada in the Yukon territory 3200 miles from our Ford store.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Dec 012013

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact stated that while driving 70mph, the vehicle suddenly accelerated to 100 mph without warning. The brake pedal and emergency brake were engaged simultaneously before the gear was placed into neutral in order to turn the vehicle off. However, the engine continued to raved after restarting the engine. The failure was experienced several times. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer to have a diagnostic performed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 38,000 and the current mileage was 51,000.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 182014

Mustang 6-cyl

I was at the exit of a parking lot and waiting to turn out onto the street. When I began to turn, my car started to accelerate way faster than it should have. I hit the brakes but my car wasn't slowing down and kept accelerating. I hit the "off" on my cruise control thinking maybe it became active but nothing happened, as I began to come close to the car ahead of me I turned left onto the next street still hitting my brakes (at this point I had gone a block and a half with my brake pedal pressed in). As I turned, I had trouble controlling the vehicle I ended up hitting the curb with my front passenger side. After the impact the acceleration had stopped, I could hear something had broken, and felt it as I was slowing down because my car wasn't traveling straight and I couldn't turn easily. There were kids in the street that I didn't see before I had turned, I swerved again to avoid them (luckily just missing them because as stated before, I couldn't turn it very easily) and made it about half way down the block before my car came to a full stop (the entire time still hitting my brakes). I did not see the actual speed I was going, the car was accelerating rapidly and totally out of control. The car defect has cost me approximately $4000 in car repair fees and also depreciation. It was such a hard impact that I expected my air bags to blow, but they didn't. I hope they are not defective as well.

- Fargo, ND, USA

Mar 232014

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact stated that while traveling various speeds, the vehicle erroneously accelerated and crashed into a barricade. There were no injuries. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was not available. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure and current mileage was 77,000.

- Thousand Palms , CA, USA

Nov 012013

Mustang 6-cyl

Driving at interstate speed car lunging acting as if the engine was wanting to cut out and then seems to 'catch'. I have since noticed it doing the same with in town driving. So speeds seem not to be an issue. I have done some online searching and have found Ford has issues with auto throttle body and the symptoms sound exactly like the issues I'm having with my car. I found this, and filed the complaint and am going to be in contact with my Ford service center in regards to the Feb. 2014 update where affected owners should contact Ford and mention consumer satisfaction program 13N03. : recall for defective Ford throttle body could come from petition the North Carolina consumers council (nccc) has officially petitioned the national highway safety administration (NHTSA) for a defect investigation of alleged throttle body failures in 2005-2012 Ford escape vehicles sharing the same or substantially similar part.

- Palmyra, IN, USA

Sep 162013

Mustang 6-cyl

I was accelerating from a stop and the vehicle began to accelerate out of control. I taped the gas pedal and that stopped the rapid acceleration. This is the second time this has happened. The first time I was passing a vehicle and the vehicle accelerated out of control until I hit the gas pedal harder. This is a serious problem that needs a recall.

- Pawcatuck, CT, USA

Jul 312011

Mustang 8-cyl

I have reported this problem before but since then two other people who have driven my car have experienced it. I now warn anyone who has to drive my car that it drives by itself. I have received dirty looks from people, been yelled out, due to this problem. It accelerates on its own. I will be behind someone at a light, foot on brake and it will start revving. They think I am messing with them. I will be in neutral and it will drive faster. I will be in reverse slowly and it floors. I had to be taken to emergency by a neighbor. I warned her and when we were returning home, she pulled in my driveway and it just started to speed up fast. She nailed down the brake. It scared her to death. She thanked me for warning her because otherwise we would have crashed and been hurt. She won't ever drive my car again. I had my car in valet in las vegas at green valley ranch and the guy working was pulling the car around to me and it was revving really high and wanting to speed. He was apologizing profusely. He kept saying he was not showing off or playing around. He kept saying he was driving slow, please don't think he was acting crazy and he parks ferraris! I told him it was okay and that my car drives itself and that I knew he wasn't responsible. He said he will never park another one of these again. He needed his job. How many people have to have this problem before Ford will acknowledge there is one. Is this like the whole Toyota thing" if there is a large lawsuit can I be contacted? does someone have to die first before they do anything? I know there are many more complaints on this issue than on this site. I have seen them but people seem to think this is useless. Is that correct" I would love to know

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Apr 052013

Mustang 8-cyl

I was leaving a stop sign and accelerated from 1st to 2nd. I was going about 30mph in second when suddenly, the vehicle went to a wot (wide open throttle) condition. The sudden acceleration caused the rear of the car to spin, striking a tree. The acceleration was sudden and completely unexpected. This is the second such occasion that this condition occurred. Cruise control was set to on as it was used before reaching the stop sign. Also, stock floor mats were in place.

- North Reading, MA, USA

Mar 062013

Mustang 8-cyl

I have had small episodes before but didn't think much of it but yesterday, pulling out of my driveway, my car started to lunge with my foot on the brake. I tried to drive and it would speed up without me doing anything. It was almost like it was going to stall but it doesn't. no control to stop the car. I don't understand, with all these complaints why Ford hasn't done anything. It is not my floor mat. I have been searching and found so many people have spent $1000S of dollars and it doesn't get fixed. I read that one person replaced the coil and it worked but that is still over $1000 and its only one person. Also, who knows if it still works. Has anyone found a fix" how can Ford keep saying they have never heard of the problem when everyone has reported the problem" it is a very dangerous problem.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Oct 272012

Mustang 8-cyl

Maneuvering through traffic, went to shift into 2nd (std) and the throttle stuck wide open red lined. I quickly pushed in the clutch and shut it down. Tried to restart it as I was coasting, and when it started back up, the motor was still racing, push in clutch, shut it down. Coast into a nearby parking lot, freaking out!! started it back up perfectly normal. Two days later same thing, attempt to shift into 2nd, motor redlines! I push the clutch, shut it down, and again it starts up, perfectly normal. Scary!! thankfully I have quick reaction. This is a dangerous situation for those with automatic transmissions and not so quick reactions. Come to find out there are thousands of consumers with the exact same circumstance. What is being done about this" does it take someone to die before Ford is held accountable"

- Sierra Vista, AZ, USA

Sep 082012

Mustang 8-cyl

Accelerated to pass vehicle traveling at 20mph. Car continued acceleration after foot removed from pedal. Speed reached 80mph. Car continued to rev when put into neutral. Car had traveled approx. 1. 5 miles before I turned off ignition. There was no place to pull over. There was no accident, but I went through an intersection. Car mat was properly on retaining hook. Towed car to Ford service center where the found nothing. At my request, they replaced the pedal assembly. Research on internet indicates that this not an uncommon event.

- Kingston, WA, USA

Aug 102012

The contact owns 2007 Ford Mustang GT. The contact stated that the accelerator pedal engaged independently. The contact engaged the emergency brake in order for the vehicle to stop. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection or repairs. The manufacturer was notified but provided no assistance. The failure mileage was 54597.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Apr 012012

Mustang 6-cyl

I was driving down the interstate in when my accelerator started to stick and floor it, brakes were doing nothing so I threw it into neutral and eventually with much effort we came to a stop on the side of the road. When the accelerator stuck the passenger airbag also turned on the light saying it turned off. When finally stop and the car off the accelerator was stuck to the ground and it took a few tries to get the car to turn on. Very dangerous and has never done this before.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Feb 142012

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact stated that the cruise control would independently activate without being engaged. The contact took the vehicle to a mechanic where it was confirmed that there was a problem was with the vehicle speed control. The manufacturer was contacted but could not provide any information regarding the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage and the current mileage was 43,000.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Oct 072011

The contact owns a 2006 Ford Mustang. The contact stated that when driving at any speed, the accelerator pedal would become stuck in open throttle position and would not release. The failure was experienced several times. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer to be diagnosed or repaired. The failure and the current mileage was 67,136.

- Houston , TX, USA

Jul 132011

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact stated that while reversing into the garage at approximately 2 mph, the vehicle suddenly accelerated and crashed into the garage wall. The contact also stated that on a prior occasion while parking, the vehicle suddenly accelerated but he thought it was a driver error. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer to be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and the current mileages were 55,500.

- Hanover Park, IL, USA