2007 Ford Mustang miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Mustang:

2007 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Jul 022016

My complaint is about the complaints on here. I think most are made up and or faked. I have owned new 2005 Mustang GT, new 2007 shelby GT, used 2008 shelby GT 500, used 2009 shelby GT 500, and currently 2007 roush GT, dating back over 12 years, and I have not experienced any of the issues reported here. No fueling problems, no water leaks, no throttle problems, no paint issues, no brake problems, no electrical issues, no clutch/transmission issues, in fact, other than the 2007 shelby GT being too low for practical street use, there have been no problems at all. They have all been good reliable trouble free cars and I submit that those who have reported all of these problems are either misleading, for some reason wanting to trash this model, or simply clueless, and/or have abused the car. I find no problems whatsoever.

- Bismarck, ND, USA

Feb 042015

When it rains water leaks from under the dashboard passenger side all over the floor. This has been happening for 1 year now.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Apr 122016

When it rains, there is water all over the front passenger seat of the floor. It isn't the heater core, I've had that checked! I was told that it could be a seal. This has been happening for about 3 years. Please help!!!

- Pine Bluff, AR, USA

Jan 232016

I have a 2007manual Mustang shelby GT with 60000 miles every time I slow down to stop the car stalls. So far I have owned 3 Mustangs and it has done it on all 3 of them. Obviously this isn't just a coincidence it has to be a manufacturer problem I've cleaned the throttle body done all the required maintenances changed some sensors nothing no check engine light no vacuum leaks it's impossible to troubleshoot

- Point Mugs, CA, USA

Nov 142015

Water on floor passenger seat

- Ft. Smith, AR, USA

Feb 012011

When I start my car in the morning, and it is overcast out or has just rained, my shifter will not go into first or reverse. It takes a few minutes until I can force with all my strength the knob into gear. As I am driving though, I still have a hard time getting it into first gear after a stop, and many time cars have had to go around me into oncoming traffic and a few times have come close to an accident. The first dealer I went to in victorville told me to bring it back when it is acting up really bad. I brought it there one day when it was acting up and they told me they would get to it later. I called them a few minutes before they closed and they said they found nothing wrong, so I insisted to leave it and have them try it in the morning. The next day I called right before they closed again and they informed me everything was working fine. When I went to pick it up, I noticed they had not put even a mile on my car after checking the milage. I drove home and on the way home it was acting up very bad so I went back and told them. The guy that runs the counter went on a ride with me and I showed him when it happened and he said he thinks I'm probably not pushing the clutch down all the way and basically blew it off. I was a little insulted by his assumption of my incompetence, so I contacted Ford corporate about my issue and they said I should possibly try another dealer. A week later when I was getting my oil changed at a shop, they informed me that my water pump had a large leak. I took my car into the dealer in san bernardino, where they fixed the leak, but once again found nothing wrong with my shifter, and also found that my transmission was leaking. I went to a dealer in san diego when my car was still acting up bad, and they fixed my transmission leak, which took 10 days, but said my shifter was working completely fine.

- La Mesa, CA, USA

Apr 122010

I recently saw the report concerning the Ford gas pedals being stuck by the floormat. I own a 2007 Ford Mustang and have experienced this on at least 5 occasions.

- New Market, MD, USA

Jun 012008

1) the brakes were squealing and a grinding sound and the car would not stop at a safe distance. 2) it started after the car had 20,000 miles on it. 3)I took it in for the rear brakes and was told the calipers were freezing and causing the brakes to lock. I had the brakes and rotors done but could not afford the calipers at that time. I was told that I will have to change the brakes every 20,000. Miles until I replaced the calipers. Help!

- Cartersville, GA, USA