2007 Ford Mustang seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Mustang:

2007 Ford Mustang Owner Comments (Page 4 of 5)

Jul 082015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V802000 (air bags)however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact was informed that parts would not be made available until 2016. The contact had not experienced a failure.....updated 01/27/16

- Livingston, NJ, USA

May 272015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the parts needed to complete the recall repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was unable to advise the contact of when the parts would become available. Additionally, the remedy for the recall had not yet been determined. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Lilburn , GA, USA

Sep 192015

Mustang

The 2007 Mustang pulled out from the side-street in front of an older Chevy pickup at a tee intersection in a Suburban neighborhood with very restricted sight distance, and was T-boned on the driver's side by the pickup travelling at around 35 mph. The driver's side of the Mustang was severely damaged to the extent that the left front wheel/tire/suspension assembly was ripped off the car. The point of impact was between the left front wheel and the middle of the driver's door. The Mustang is a one-owner car which was bought new and was specifically purchased with side airbags (an option on 2007 Mustangs). The vehicle has been well-maintained. The airbag tab was visible on the seat side bolster. Despite the severity of the impact, the side airbag did not deploy. We have photos documenting the positioning of the vehicles and the damage to the Mustang, including showing the side airbag tab and side of the driver's seat with the side airbag obviously not deployed. We believe that the side airbag was defective since it did not deploy. Note: The steering wheel airbag (subject to the takata recall but not yet replaced) did deploy correctly.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Feb 032014

Mustang

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact also received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V802000 (air bags) and 15V319000 (air bags); however, was not able to receive the recall repair in a reasonable timeframe. The contact waited for several months and the parts were not available for the recall repairs. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Stillwater, MN, USA

Dec 182014

Mustang

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V802000 (air bags) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Silzvestri, MA, USA

Dec 182014

Mustang

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V802000 (air bags) and 15V319000 (air bags) however, the parts needed to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the call repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Moorestown, NJ, USA

Jun 042015

Mustang

Airbag shows a false warning light. This car is confirmed to be part of the takata air bag recall but Ford denies that this part of the current recall.

- Winter Park, FL, USA

May 132015

Mustang

I was following my wife to the Jeep Dodge Cherokee dealership to get her recall taking care of. On the way there at the off ramp of 575 and riverstone parkway I made a right turn to get off on the ramp to exit and I heard a loud thud and the motor accelerated very loud and odd sounding. I was unable to control the vehicle. The only thing I could do to keep from running into anyone was slam on the brakes when I did that the breaks gave a loud screech and was very slow to stop. I ended up hitting 3 cars on the left side none of the airbags deployed nor did any of the seatbelt lock so the only thing I had to stop me from hitting my head against the steering wheel was to put my hands out in front of me on the steering wheel. When the impact happen it was so fierce that my right hand gave out and was snatched of the steering wheel and I damaged my right arm on the steering wheel column. Still kind of hurts and I still have scars.

- Woodstock, GA, USA

Dec 162014

Mustang

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number:14V343000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Amelia, VA, USA

Jan 252015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V802000 (airbags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Westwego, LA, USA

Dec 072007

Mustang

My child and I were injured by the airbags. I called Ford 2008 when I got a recall notice. And I was told I had norecourse because of airbags coming out to hard. My child had neck and shoulder injurys and my sternum had been broke. Ive been told I have no recourse against Ford seams like Ford and air bag company R coming out like they did noting wrong.

- Warsaw, IL, USA

Nov 122014

Mustang 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact stated that the recall part for NHTSA campaign number: 14V343000 (air bags) was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact mentioned that the part was order with the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the delay. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 2/9/15 the inflator was replaced. Updated 02/20/15

- Wingo, KY, USA

Dec 222014

Mustang

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V343000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the part would not be available until 2015. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Winter Park, FL, USA

Dec 092014

Mustang 8-cyl

There has been no accident. This 2007 Mustang was registered in the state of Michigan but was kept in bonita springs, Florida continuously from 2009 through 2013. Maintenance work for the Mustang was provided by the local Ford dealer in estero, Florida during that time. The vehicle has only been driven 8,698 miles. Our concern is that only those vehicle registered in states such as Florida are being covered for this very dangerous air bag problem. We believe the recall should be expanded to at least vehicles used in the affected states.

- Novi, MI, USA

Dec 052014

Mustang

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V343000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Westchester, PA, USA

Nov 262014

Mustang 6-cyl

I stopped at a stop sign, then made a right hand turn, my car started sliding on the ice in the street, I turned the wheels hard left to avoid a car parked on the street, then I believe I tried turning right to stay on the street, unfortunately I hit a tree with the right side of front bumper hard enough to push the wheel back about 2-3 feet. The air bag did not go off and the seatbelt allowed my chest to hit the steering wheeling causing a chest wall contusion and exacerbation of my low back pain (I had a Fusion of 2 discs with complications of cellulitis and osteomyelitis post-op), along with pain in my left hip replacement because my knee hit the dash. I also have had off and on numbness in my right little finger which I am not sure if it is from something in my shoulder or something in my neck since the surgery. I will have to let my doctor know this when I see him as a follow-up from the er. I also will be letting the doctor or N.P. I see at the pain clinic I go to of this fact. The er provider also said I had some degree of "whiplash". both the air bag and seat belt failed to protect me from injury. I have sent a email to Ford but am waiting for a response.

- Kenosha, WI, USA

Nov 242014

Mustang

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact stated that after hydroplaning and crashing into a telephone pole, the air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed and the contact suffered from a sore neck. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 95,000.

- Chickamauga, GA, USA

Aug 172014

Mustang 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Mustang. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle crashed into the rear end of another vehicle. The air bag deployed with abrupt force and a metal fragment dislodged, causing injury to the driver's leg which required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 81,000. The VIN was unavailable...updated 11/18/14

- Ashe Boro, NC, USA

Jul 012014

Mustang

The contact owns a Ford Mustang. The contact stated that his vehicle air bag light had illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a air bag specialist. The specialist stated the air bags needed replacing. No repairs had been made at this time. The failure mileage was 71,000.

- Wake Forest , NC, USA

Sep 222013

Mustang 8-cyl

I was driving on the highway at approximately 60 mph. Without any warning the horn started blowing. It startled me and the drivers of several of the automobiles near me. Apparently, other drivers thought there was some emergency. I took the next available exit from the highway and pulled over at a safe place. I turned the ignition off and the horn stopped blowing. I started the car and pulled onto the street and the horn again started blowing. After stopping and starting again, the horn stopped blowing. The next day I took the car to the Ford dealer. They indicated that everything was "working properly at this time". they said that the "most common part failure is the drivers side module to start." The price quote was $1058.48 to replace the air bag module. I have removed the horn relay temporarily, but I am fearful that possibly the air bag will deploy while I'm driving. It would seem that in any case, this is a dangerous situation. I would be interested in knowing if this is a problem for others and what if anything I should do about this.

- Falls Church, VA, USA