2007 Ford Mustang wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Mustang:

2007 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Oct 182015

Faulty ball joints caused me to hit a concrete barricade at 70mph on I-540 North bound.

- Centerton, AR, USA

May 132015

I was following my wife to the Jeep Dodge Cherokee dealership to get her recall taking care of. On the way there at the off ramp of 575 and riverstone parkway I made a right turn to get off on the ramp to exit and I heard a loud thud and the motor accelerated very loud and odd sounding. I was unable to control the vehicle. The only thing I could do to keep from running into anyone was slam on the brakes when I did that the breaks gave a loud screech and was very slow to stop. I ended up hitting 3 cars on the left side none of the airbags deployed nor did any of the seatbelt lock so the only thing I had to stop me from hitting my head against the steering wheel was to put my hands out in front of me on the steering wheel. When the impact happen it was so fierce that my right hand gave out and was snatched of the steering wheel and I damaged my right arm on the steering wheel column. Still kind of hurts and I still have scars.

- Woodstock, GA, USA

May 232014

Mustang 8-cyl

Traveling South bound on I65 on Friday May 23,2014 just North exit 325 and hit a sink hole. Passenger side front and rear tires and wheels were damaged.

- Athens, AL, USA

Jun 202013

Mustang 6-cyl

In association with NHTSA action # PE08060, I am just reporting an incident. Even though the investigation is closed there are still defective valve stems out there. Just reporting this for your data. We bought an '07 Mustang last year. It was a one owner with very low miles and had never had the tires or stems replaced in it's lifetime apparently. So we have had to replace three valve stems because of the cracking and leaking, today the 4th one started leaking. Luckily my neighborhood tire shop does not charge very much to replace them if I take the wheel off myself and take it up there, but it would be nice to get back the money for the trouble. But, if it wasn't for Ford's low pressure warning and us being vigilant sticklers for vehicle maintenance, this could have been a problem. Just letting you know in case there are still "one owner" cars out there that haven't been driven much and are still put up in garages somewhere.

- Marengo, IN, USA

Feb 252009

I have a 2007 Ford Mustang. At 25,000 miles the rear passenger side tire the brakes are scratching up the rotor. I have read many cases with the same problem with other Ford vehicles. This is definitely a defect.

- Lisle, IL, USA