2.6

2008 Ford Mustang engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Mustang:

2008 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Aug 172015

Mustang

Harmonic balancer pulley separated from harmonic balancer. Caused belt to shred and lose of power steering and cooling and brakes.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Jul 052015

Mustang

I was participating in a community parade, with lots of children, I was moving slowly when the car suddenly accelerated during two occasions. I was able to stop the car with the brake the first time and with the brake and shifting to neutral the second time. The vehicle was decarbonized and reprogrammed by the dealer with no guarantee that the problem was fixed. Ford started a case file: Cas-7491264 on the incident.

- Severna Park, MD, USA

Aug 192013

Mustang 6-cyl

When accelerating the car went into limp mode while merging into traffic. The merge is right before a bridge so I had to creep across until I was able to pull off the side of the road. Engine did not stall but there was no control in the gas pedal. Happened again exactly one week later. Thankfully traffic was able to pass me and not rear-end me since car speed dropped quickly. Throttle body is being replaced today.

- Green Springs, OH, USA