2009 Ford Mustang body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Mustang:

2009 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Jul 012010

Mustang

Basically, I first noticed the paint bubbling up on the front exterior edge of my hood about 1 1/2 years after buying the car new. It was repaired under warranty but the gentleman at the body shop said that he'd seen it many times on Mustangs and other Ford models and that the problem most likely would return and it did. After reporting it a second time, I tried to claim for a new hood from Ford but they flat out refused. I also reported it to military autosource on long island, New York (the boss actually) and he bent over backwards to help me get a new hood but they refused him as well. Fortunately, I purchased the extended warranty because I've had other problems with my Mustang, the most serious being the play/backlash in my rear differential being way out of limits. It's supposed to be between 0.2 and 0.3mm. I had to get a second opinion from another certified mechanic who checked it properly and found that the play/backlash was almost 5mm. This is what has been causing the "clunk" in my drive train. Fortunately, the boss at military autosource contacted a top mechanic at Ford to get the info I needed to get the differential adjusted/repaired.

- Apo, AE, USA

Aug 102014

Mustang 6-cyl

My son was pulling the car into the garage which is a short distance from driveway into the garage. The car suddenly accelerated to a high speed. He stepped on the brake and pulled the emergency brake but the car would not slow down or stop. He rammed into a weight machine and cabinet in the garage which stopped the car. The car was put into park but the engine was still revving. There was front end damage across the entire front bumper and the air bag did not go off. This incident was reported to the Ford Motor Co and I requested an inspector to come and examine the vehicle's gas pedal, brake override and air bags for defects but they have not been very cooperative. I do not want to have just the body work done and then be put back into the car and have the situation happen again.

- Redlands, CA, USA