2009 Ford Mustang seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Mustang:

2009 Ford Mustang Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Jul 082009

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Mustang GT. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Kitzmiller, MD, USA

Jul 132015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the remedy was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Buffalo, NY, USA

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Interlaken, NY, USA

Jun 112015

Mustang

Takata recall on June 22, 2015 I emailed Ford`S customer relationship center regarding the takata air bag recall and that time it was verified that my vehicle was involved in the safety recall program 15S21. I was also advised: "we encourage you to bring your vehicle in for service as soon as you are notified that parts are available, but that you should continue to drive your vehicle until then. I received "important safety recall" notice 15S21 NHTSA recall 15V-319 dated July 2015. I again emailed Ford's crc in November 2015 and was "offered sincere apologies for the delay" and that they are still working with their suppliers to expedite parts. It has been well over 6 months now with no resolution in sight and I find it irresponsible of Ford to advise people too continue to drive their vehicles in this condition, especially owners like me living in a high heat, humid climate area which, allegedly, causes propellant wafers break down. I believe it has been an unreasonable amount of time waiting for a repair and Ford should consider compensating those who fall under the safety recall. For now, my 2009 Mustang sits. I'm unable to drive or sell it due to the safety issue.it is my understanding that there was another death back in December 2015 due to a faulty takata airbag inflator" when will there be a fix for this"

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Mustang 6-cyl

My vehicle is one of the vehicles that have been recalled by Ford Motor Company in July 2015. I have called on 5 occasions trying to get the issue taken care of. However, the local dealer said Ford has not gotten the part in thus far, which because of the safety issue endangers my life and potentially who is in the car with me lives if in fact an accident occurs if this happens to be a defected air bag that shoot out metals. It is a gamble I do not wish to take. I think 7 months is an unreasonable amount of time to wait on part to correct the situation. Therefore I think Ford should have to supply me with a rental car free of charge and I can put my car in the garage until they complete there obligation in addressing this issue but fixing the problem. Ford sent out the notification in July however, this problem existed long before then and I certain went through a ton of litigation before responsibility was acknowledged, so please help my safety and those I love. Thank you.

- Red Bluff, CA, USA

Jan 132016

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Mustang. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds. The air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 37,032. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Yorba Linda, CA, USA

Jul 202015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Mustang. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Cary, NC, USA

Jan 062016

Mustang

Takata recall my 2009 Mustang has a defective passenger seat occupancy sensor. When no one is seated the airbag flashes code 16. When I fasten the belt on that side still unoccupied, the fault code stops, but the center dash lights up indicating passenger airbag is off. My research shows the problem is not unique to my car, and that it has and is an ongoing issue with many cars not just Ford. This vehicle is on the takata recall for drivers airbag replacement since March of 2015. As yet Ford does not have replacement parts. I believe the passenger seat cushion assembly which includes the bladder, sensor, and ECM should also be recalled. I live in Hawaii (high humidity) and research has shown this to be the root cause of the failures. At this point the vehicle is completely unsafe for the driver and passenger in the event of an accident, the drivers airbag has the potential to cause serious injury or death, and the passenger airbag may or may not deploy or effectively prevent injury or death. Please respond with any direction.

- Mountain View, HI, USA

Feb 152015

Mustang

Takata recall. In the event of the crash, the airbags did not deploy. I was driving in a foot of snow in a mall parking lot going the parking lot speed limit and as I was coming to a yield to turn, I run over the curb that was covered in the snow. The curb was about 3 feet across and I did not clear the distance so I was stuck on the curb top. The car shut off during this event and I hit my head on the windshield hard enough to cause damage as seen in the photo provided because the seat belt I had equipped provided no safety either. The end result is: Airbag dash light is illuminated and the functions of the steering wheel does not operate. Moderate to slightly severe concussion.

- Edmond, OK, USA

Jul 142015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts unavailable.

- Buna, TX, USA

Jul 162015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Little Egg Harbor Twp, NJ, USA

Jul 242015

Mustang

I do not know if this involves a "takata inflator". I received a Ford Motor Company safety recall notice postmarked July 24, 2015 indicating my 2009 Mustang was subject to recall for a defective front driver side air bag inflator housing. I heard nothing more from Ford so in late September 2015 I telephoned the Ford customer service. Customer service told me that there was no action being taken to replace the part on my vehicle. I asked why nothing had been done for two months since the notice and the Ford Motor Co. Customer representative informed me that Ford was "taking quotes" for the replacement, which suggested to me that Ford is looking for the cheapest way to fix this problem. In light of the dangerous nature of this problem, as the notice states: "an inflator rupture could result in... serious injury or death.", I think this is an outrageous corporate decision. Now I read in the last two weeks about the money Ford is spending on new models, new plants and other investments other than the dangerous products already on the road like my car. I want this dangerous and defective part replaced on my vehicle now before I or a passenger receives "serious injury or death".

- Chelsea, MI, USA

May 282015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags), however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 1/15/16

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Oct 232015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Martinez, CA, USA

Mustang 6-cyl

I received notification regarding a recall in July 2015 for a recall on defective driver air bags. Once I received the notification I contacted the Ford dealership at a local level to address the problem and to ensure my safety god for bid an accident were to occur. They stated they couldn't address defect until they had been approved from the Ford I am assuming Corp. And to call back in several weeks. I have with no luck and called again today 10-9-15 only to be told they aren't able to change the air bag until further notice. So I am wondering why it's taking over 3 months to correct the issue. Please know it is somewhat alarming that there's a chance if the air bag erupted it could potentially kill or severely injure me. Thank you for your time please let me know what to expect and when this matter will be resolved. Thank you again.

- Red Bluff, CA, USA

Jul 152015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) and stated that the parts needed for the recall repair were not available. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Wedgefield, SC, USA

Sep 012015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 12/03/15

- Washington, DC, USA

Aug 152015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Mustang. While driving 45 mph, the brake pedal was depressed but the vehicle accelerated without warning. The contact crashed into a pole. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries reported. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the diagnosis was unknown. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 130,000.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Aug 212015

Mustang

Concerned about recall notification regarding air bag with shrapnel causing injury or death. Requesting to have air bag disconnected in order to drive car, will not use in the meantime until corrected. Will this be allowed to be done by a dealership?

- Fairfield, NJ, USA

Jul 292015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Mustang. The contact received a recall letter for NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Kunkletown , PA, USA