2009 Ford Mustang seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Mustang:

2009 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

May 152010

I was invalid in an accident and my front and/or side airbags didn't deploy. I was struck in the drivers side front end and the drivers side front fender by a 1995 Ford tempo that was traveling approximately 45 mph. I was traveling at 10mph when the impact was made. The estimate to repair my car is $8000 and they haven't even taken it apart yet, that is just from a visual inspection of the outside. I drive a 2009 Ford Mustang GT premium edition. I am concerned about this issue. I have read internet sites and saw pictures of the same year and model of vehicle the air bags didn't deploy either.

- Lees Summit, MO, USA

Feb 022010

I was involved in an accident on Feb 2, 2010. My driver's side airbag did not deploy properly because mullinax Ford co. Here in fla. Put seatcovers over cloth seats. So actually the airbag had to deploy out of two seats. I had paid $950 for leather seats not seatcovers. The Ford dealership that repaired my car will not put the seatcover back on so now I have seatcovers on all the seats except for the driver's side.

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA