2011 Ford Mustang accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Mustang:

2011 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Aug 172011

Mustang 8-cyl

Anytime the engine is rotating over 4000 RPM's the 6 speed manual transmission will randomly be blocked from going into gear(any gear), leaving the vehicle in a neutral state and unable to accelerate like it has stalled. I am currently driving this car, but I do not drive it like I would like to, I have to be extremely careful not to pull out in front of anyone. This is easily duplicated, and to me it feels like the either 1, bad clutch not disengaging all the way, 2. transmission/shifter are out of alignment, 3. bad synchro's. I have not had it in to have it repaired, because from what I have been reading online Ford considers this normal. If it's normal, then I'll just sell the car that I personally ordered 6 months early and that I absolutely love, and mark this one down as a lesson learned.

- Evansville, IN, USA