4.6

2011 Ford Mustang brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Mustang:

2011 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Jul 092016

Mustang

The car stopped taking gas on the highway. We had to stop, shut off the engine and restart. Within 2 weeks it happend several times, 1 week after the first time it happened 7 times in one hour. The Ford garage sent us home after the first time, we should watch. Then we should wait 4 weeks for a repair (missing parts). Finally they repaired it 1 day prior to our departure back home. It was the throttle body which had to be exchanged. But we didn't receive any support from Ford or from the dealer (galloway in ft.myers). We paid over 1000$. the vehicle has only 42000 miles.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Sep 182014

Mustang 6-cyl

This began as of last Thursday. I have a 2011 Ford Mustang that I bought just last August. As I was driving on the freeway, a wrench light came on and my car seemed to have stalled on me. I thought maybe it was because it was pouring down raining so I was able to pull over into a parking lot since I was exiting the freeway. I turned off the car after it seemed to vibrate a bit, waited a few moments, turned it back on and it seemed fine. I was able to get home and park it only a few miles from where it happened. I had a doc appointment later that day and was able to get there. It was when I was on my way home that it happened again, on the freeway! it occurred again the next day (Friday) as I was leaving from work. I was on the freeway again in busy traffic and it happened twice except the second time, my engine light came on. My dad took it to a mechanic, it was hooked up to the computer and no code came back. Coolant was put in it and the engine light went off. The throttle body was cleaned. Everything was fine afterwards. Today, I'm driving to work and it goes into limp mode twice on the freeway while drivers are swerving around me! this is not safe at all! I have extended warranty on my car so this is going to have to be fixed asap. To anyone else having this problem, please be careful. Once it goes into limp mode, your speed will drastically decrease and you will not be able to accelerate. It is scary because not all parts of the freeway have a shoulder to pull over...this needs to be a recall before someone is seriously hurt. I've read up on other owner's issues and saw that there have been quite a few wrecks behind this.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 272014

Mustang 8-cyl

My advanced trac light was on-dashboard. I took it into dean sellers Ford (2600 w maple rd, troy, mich 48084) and was told that I needed to replace the epas because it failed. This car has only 25,400 miles on it and the cost was $1047 plus labor of $505.50. Total cost $1549,00 plus I had to pay $60,00 for a rental car. A car with this many miles on it, should not need to have this kind of repair (epas component) replaced. This was a defective component and I believe that Ford Motor Company should honor the replacement of this part, labor and rental car by issuing a credit this is a safety issue that should not be charged for.

- Bloomfield Hills, MI, USA

Mar 212014

Mustang

Traction control applying when pulling out in traffic.this was not under hard acceleration.

- Pisgah, AL, USA

Jul 272011

Mustang 6-cyl

Twice while accelerating to get up to highway speeds, on clear, flat, dry, and smooth pavement the advanctrac system activated for no reason. It starts by very aggressively pulsing the front right brake, followed by the rear left brake, then alternating brakes all the way around causing the car to swerve almost out of control, at higher speeds like 65-70 it probably would cause total loss of control. The advanctrac also cuts engine power along with the hard swerving makes it even more difficult to avoid a crash in multiple lane highway traffic. This last for about 15 seconds, but it is 15 seconds of out of control highway terror. After shutting off the car on the 2 occasions it then drives for a while like it never happened. When the Ford dealer cannot replicate the problem, and it does not record any error or diagnostic codes in the cars computer system. So Ford says there is nothing they can do to fix this safety problem. Talking with other Mustang owners I found out I am not the only one with this exact same problem with advanctrac, and one other that I know of said he also filled a complaint on here, he said it was complaint number - 10430166. He also said that Ford could not duplicate the problem and he also had no codes, so Ford would not fix his problem. Somehow we have to get to the bottom of this malfunction, it is supposed to be a safety system to help protect you from a crash, not a computer malfunction that causes a crash when the driver is doing nothing wrong on good road conditions. Please help!

- Puyallup, WA, USA

Feb 212012

Mustang

The "service autotrack" light came on as I was pulling out from a parking space in the morning, and the power to the back wheels was reduced. I took the vehicle to the dealership for service, and was informed of a manufacturer defect in the gpas system that could cause the steering to fail. The dealership kept the vehicle, as it is unsafe to drive due to this gpas system defect. Ford is not currently manufacturing replacement gpas systems, they have outsourced to an outside company (per the Ford customer care representative) and it is going to take six weeks to get the part.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Jun 152011

Mustang 6-cyl

Approx. 1-2 times a month, after leaving my house and driving a short, paved street going to the main road, my advancetrac light on the dash will start blinking, indicating the stability control system has been activated. Along with this the right front brake will be activated by the ABS system. Typically will happen for 10-15 seconds then as I come to a stop to turn on to the main road it will stop. When I then turn on to the main road, as I am accelerating, this will happen again. Sometimes the brake pulsating the front right wheel is light and not too intrusive. Sometimes, if accelerating hard enough, the system will cut engine power, and alternately pulsate the front right and rear left brakes, nearly pulling me out of my lane, as I fight to drive straight. Again this lasts for about 10-15 seconds. After which car behaves perfectly fine, like it never happened. It never leaves any diagnostic codes in the computer system, or any trace that it ever happened, the Ford techs have never been able to replicate the problem, and I can not make it happen on command. Is totally random.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA