6.9

2012 Ford Mustang body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Mustang:

2012 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Jun 112013

Mustang 6-cyl

While driving my Ford Mustang after a rain storm I heard a very loud water swishing noise and pulled off the road immediately. I quickly ascertained that the noise was coming from the driver's door. I was extremely shocked and concerned and hurried to the dealership. The door was taken apart in the service area and a large quantity of water poured out. I was told that this problem was not covered under the warranty and there was nothing they could do! when the door was apart I could clearly see that there were numerous wires and connectors that could clearly be in jeopardy from splashing water and the door interior was very wet. I nervously drove the car home and covered it and haven't driven it since because we have experienced a lot of rain. I am a disabled veteran with medical issues need to drive my car but I am afraid to.

- West Yarmouth, MA, USA