2013 Ford Mustang seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Mustang:

2013 Ford Mustang Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Jul 012015

Mustang

Received notice of recall from Ford over a year ago (July 2015) - advised not to drive vehicle until driver side air bag is replaced. Told recently that parts are not available. This is ridiculous - how do they expect me not to drive a new car that I bought for over a year?

- Maumee, OH, USA

Sep 102016

Mustang

Takata recall I was sent a notice of recall in July 2015 a second one in May 2016 and still they do not have the parts to fix the airbag is there anything you can do for me in this case. I went to sell the car back to palm bay Ford an they would not by it back because of the airbag recall 9/10/2016.

- Palm Bay, FL, USA

Sep 122016

Mustang

"takata recall" - I am the proud owner of my Ford Mustang. I bought it 2nd hand over a year ago form a car dealer in bavaria, germany. It was pre-owned by an us serviceman. I would like to know if Ford will honour this recall for me, here in germany. I am not an american (I'm scottish) and I am not in the armed forces. However, in order that I can contact you, I have had to select armed forces europe as my country and also use your us phone number. My contact phone number is 004917645701615. Many thanks.

- Neufahrn, AE, USA

Sep 082016

Mustang 8-cyl

Takata recall I have put in numerous calls to Ford to find out how much longer I have to wait for the airbag to be replace. First they said by July 2016. Now they don't know because there just to many to replace. So after waiting over a year for this airbag, I decided to trade the car in for something else. Was notified that I can not make a trade without replacing the airbag. I call Ford again. They state they cant replace the airbag, they cant give me a replacement car and they cant take back the car.. so as a consumer im stuck with a dangerous vehicle with no help from Ford. Im frustrated and exhausted. Please help me in resolving this issue. Thank you for your time and consideration.

- Farmingville, NY, USA

Jul 042016

Mustang

Takata recall> I was involved in a car accident on July 4, 2016. A person took a stop sign as I was going 40mph on a straightaway street. Airbags deployed and front driver side was smashed in. Our vehicle went in for repair and it is now ready to go, but it's missing the airbags. Obviously the auto collision center cannot release the vehicle without the airbags. Now they've informed us that there is a recall and there is no eta on the production. We have contacted Ford and may other subsidiaries and no one is able to give us a date, not even an estimate of when our vehicle will be ready. This is such an inconvenience. We have to get around in one car and it is extremely difficult for us. Neither our insurance company, the person at faults insurance company, the body shop or Ford can get us in a rental. This is ridiculous. I am reaching out to you today for help. We need to know when our vehicle will be ready. We had just purchased the car 6 months ago and now we are paying the monthly car note plus insurance for the car to just be parked for we don't know how long. Please help...

- Whittier, CA, USA

Aug 302016

Mustang 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags). However, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/28/16 the consumer has since sold the vehicle. Updated 11/03/16.

- Mesquite, TX, USA

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/26/16

- Columbia, SC, USA

Mustang

Takata recall: It has been over a year since I was first notified of the recall. The current status is remedy not available. I consider the wait excessive and potentially dangerous.

- Lutz, FL, USA

May 162016

Mustang

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The VIN was invalid. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Methuen, MA, USA

Jul 272016

Mustang

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Snelling, CA, USA

Mustang

Takata recall we live in Florida, when will this be fixed? it is over 1yr. We are concerned about the danger to drive this car. No one will ride in this car. It is useless for me to use this car.

- Delraybeach, FL, USA

Aug 112015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the parts for the recall repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Edgefield, SC, USA

Jul 032016

Mustang

Takata recall. I have taken this vehicle to several Ford dealerships to get an update on the airbag recall. The story remains the same. Ford does not have a solution yet to the problem. I find this to be totally unacceptable given the fact the there are other Mustangs produced since this car has been manufactured that do not have this issue. Other car manufactures (ie. Honda/Acura) have been able to obtain replacement parts for the airbags are are aggressively seeking out owners to have the bags replaced and even suggesting that some cars not be driven until repaired. I do not feel that Ford is doing enough to resolve this issue quickly.

- Jamestown, NC, USA

Jul 202015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags). The contact felt the parts were unavailable beyond a reasonable time frame. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Jun 012016

Mustang 6-cyl

Letter from congressman grothman on behalf of constituent re 2013 Ford Mustang air bag. The consumer was informed the part would not be available, until the end of the year.

- Pine River, WI, USA

May 282015

Mustang 8-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 06/29/16 updated 07/06/16.

- Childersburg, AL, USA

Jan 052016

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags). The part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Leawood, KS, USA

May 182016

Mustang

Takata recall I'm trying to sell my vehicle and buyers will not take the vehicle without the recall being completed, Ford stated that they don't have parts to replace this issue. They also stated the vehicle is safe to drive as long as I don't get into an accident. I also called the Ford customer service hotline and they will not make any statement in terms of safety other than that someone from a different company said it was safe to drive.

- Berkeley, CA, USA

Jul 022015

Mustang

Takata recall. I received a recall letter and have received no response in regard to getting my airbags replaced. This is a serious hazard

- Henderson, NV, USA

Jul 092014

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags). After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the part needed to repair the vehicle was not available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Choctaw, OK, USA