2013 Ford Mustang seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Mustang:

2013 Ford Mustang Owner Comments (Page 3 of 5)

May 272015

Mustang 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.....updated 07/05/16

- Des Plaines, IL, USA

Mar 012015

Mustang

"takata recall" I have been waiting for almost a year now for repairs to this vehicle. No part available!! my vehicle is sitting in the garage while I make payments. I am sure it is losing value, just sitting!! should I drive it" wasn't someone just killed a week ago with the faulty airbag? why is there not more outcry on this? the recall was such a big deal. Fines to the company for the faulty airbags but what did that do for me? they get a fine but I still have a vehicle I can't drive. One year now! others must be driving their vehicles. Do you suggest I drive my vehicle" this is ridiculous. I would like to drive my vehicle. I need the part to do that.

- Jacksonville, OH, USA

Apr 252016

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags). However, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts unavailable.

- Winchester, CA, USA

Jan 132013

Mustang

"takata recall" I have not received the recall letters from Ford and have contacted them and cannot get the letter that apparently went out in July 2015. I am the original owner of the car purchased in January 2013. They have said this is my problem as I must not have it registered correctly with my states dmv. In contacting the dmv, they have said the car is and has been registered correctly. How can I get Ford to send me the letters and make sure the future letters come to me. I have not changed addresses since 1992.

- Ballwin, MO, USA

Apr 142016

Mustang

Takata recall - recall recieved May 2015. Notice continues to carry the notation that the remedy not yet available. Taking a year to make parts available seems extreme and I don't wish to continue driving an unsafe car.

- Dexter, MI, USA

Jun 092015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Rathdrum, ID, USA

Apr 122016

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received a recall notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. The VIN was unavailable.

- Goshen, NY, USA

Apr 122016

Mustang

Takata recall. I have been waiting nearly a year for a resolution to this "dangerous" condition. Interim repairs are recommended by NHTSA, but are not offered to me by my local dealer in savannah, ga. I have asked several times. When can I expect my car to be made safe?

- Savannah, GA, USA

Apr 102016

Mustang

Takata recall. I was informed of the takata recall last year, Ford still does not have the necessary parts to fix the issue nearly 1 year later. Several other manufactures have already fixed the recalled cars, yet Ford has not. Please work more closely with Ford to obtain the necessary parts. It's very difficult to have a car and not be able to safely operate it.

- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA

Mustang

Takata recall - why does Ford still not have parts available to fix airbags yet with no future date in sight as to when the repair/replacement parts will be available? I received a recall letter from Ford in July 2015 and now it is April 2016 and nothing can happen without necessary parts. Ford says they cannot to speak to whether or not I should continue driving the Mustang, but they say you (the NHTSA) recommends that I drive the car. Is this true, or not?

- Naples, FL, USA

Apr 082016

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA

Mustang

Takata recall dated July 2015 is not able to be corrected by dealer after nine months. I request authorization to have Ford disconnect or disable my defective airbag to prevent potential of metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants that may result in serious injury or death.

- Holland, MI, USA

Mustang

I received safety recall notice 15S21/NHTSA recall 15V-319 from Ford in July 2015. This is in regard to the front driver airbag deploying abnormally resulting in metal fragments striking the driver. After 8 months, my vehicle is still not fixed because Ford keeps telling me they still do not have the parts. Since this is a safety issue affecting my life, have I not waited long enough for the fix" how much longer should this take"

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Jul 302015

- Northbrook, IL, USA

Jul 102015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) longer than a year ago. The part was not available for an extended period of time. In addition, as the failure progressed, the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and advised the contact to have the vehicle diagnosed by the dealer. The contact was unable to determine when the parts would become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Bremerton, WA, USA

May 182015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Riverview, FL, USA

May 292015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Key Biscayne, FL, USA

Mar 162016

Mustang

Takata recall I received recall letter over a year ago about recalled air bag S scared to drive this car seen pic.S of injuries to people S face where are these replacement part S this is getting un real !!!

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jul 112015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Jul 152015

Mustang

Takata recall, received a recall letter July 2015, have not heard anything since. Should not take almost a year to have this safety item repaired.

- Huntingtown, MD, USA