2013 Ford Mustang seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Mustang:

2013 Ford Mustang Owner Comments (Page 1 of 6)

May 022016

Mustang

I received a recall notice for the air bag replacement in may of 2016. Ford is suppose to notify me when the part is available but never have contacted me. I called the dealership several times but the response has been negative.

- Nokesville, VA, USA

Jan 132017

Mustang

Takata recall. This is my son's car, which has been under the airbag recall for a long time. I am extremely concerned for my son's well-being and have called many times to check on a fix and am always told it will happen in the next 3 months or so. It never does. How can Ford get away with this"...telling people their airbag will be repaired and then reneging, time after time. Today they said the repair will be available the second half of 2017. I don't believe it. Can't you do something? other companies are providing repairs on a timely basis, but not Ford, as far as I can see. Lawsuits cost them less than a wide-ranging recall repair, so why should they expedite it" meanwhile, my son's life and health are at stake and we are considering buying a new car at great hardship. Please, please do whatever you can to light a fire under Ford in this matter. Thank you.

- Naperville, IL, USA

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Dayton, OH, USA

Jun 192015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Conway, SC, USA

May 182015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags). The part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Rathdrum, ID, USA

Dec 302016

Mustang

Takata recall; to date my air bag has not been replaced. This problem causes me to hesitate to drive my vehicle.

- Roselle, NJ, USA

Dec 302016

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Ellenville, NY, USA

Jul 032015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jun 222015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags). The manufacturer initially indicated the parts may become available during the fourth quarter of 2016. The manufacturer later stated that the parts may become available during the second quarter of 2017. The manufacturer was not able to provide a reasonable time frame to supply the parts to the dealer. The contact was not experiencing a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Middletown, NJ, USA

Mustang

Takata recall. This vehicle was recalled in May 2015. We are now a week away from 2017, and I have not been able to have the car repaired despite repeated calls to my dealership. The NHTSA has identified this defect as being very dangerous, and I would rather not die due to a supply chain issue.

- Portland, OR, USA

Jul 012015

Mustang

Takata recall: Notified by Ford in July 2015. As of December 2016 defective airbag has not been replaced.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

May 012015

Mustang

Takata recall I live in South Florida and have been trying to get my airbags replaced since may of 2015. South Florida is the worst area for the airbag to rupture and kill someone.. my dealer and Ford Motor Co. Is not helping me at all with this. Can you help me with this recall?

- Marco Island, FL, USA

Dec 012016

Mustang

Takata recall. Manufacturer still does not have the parts to replace the airbag.

- Perry Hall, MD, USA

Jan 022016

Mustang

Takata recall I have already contacted them on multiple occasions as well as the dealership and have been told the airbags are not available St this time and to keep checking. The last I heard fall 2016 now it's winter. I live I Texas with high humidity so I am very anxious to get these replaced. Nothing has happened to my vehicle.

- Austin, TX, USA

May 152015

Mustang

Takata air bag recall. I have been waiting to have my airbag replaced since may of 2015, apperantely they still don't have the parts. How long do I have to wait?!!!

- Fargo, ND, USA

Mustang

Takata recall - received a recall notice effective May 27, 2015 but have not had the air bag replaced yet.

- Columbia, SC, USA

May 022016

- Concord, CA, USA

May 252015

Mustang

Takata recall I'm not sure what would be considered a "timely manner" in regards to something that can harm or potentially kill me. I first tried to get this taken care off at the Ford dealership in Hawaii, back in early 2015. They told me they were still waiting for the part. I have since been stationed in South Carolina so I tried the Ford dealership here, about 2 months ago. They gave me the same response. I have not been in an accident but I'm afraid that if I were and my airbag deployed, my wife or myself can be harmed.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Dec 032015

Mustang

Takata recall- bought the car from mitchel selig Ford in windsor ct. On Dec. 3, 2015 with the open recall on the airbags. The recall still has not been taken care of and the car may be dangerous to drive with the open recall.

- Bristol, CT, USA

Nov 222016

Mustang

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Mustang. The contact recieved notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonalbe amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Greensboro, NC, USA