3.8

2014 Ford Mustang fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Mustang:

2014 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Aug 202016

Mustang 6-cyl

Driving he car at about 40mph mostly in traffic I lost completely the throttle and I can't accelerate and show the wrench light in the cluster. I have to completely stop put the car in park turn off and wait a few minutes and the car will work again for a few hours some time days with out problem but this happen with out any warning. When I get the car to the repair shop I found the dtc P2111. I did a PCM reprogram with the latest calibration files from the motorcraft service web site. But I still have the problem, Y wondering that some day I will cause a accident to me and some body else. I hope somebody take consideration of this problem in my car and a lot more that I was reading in the Ford forum. As I know I'm not the only one with this kind of problem in Ford vehicles. Thank you very much

- Homestead, FL, USA

Aug 182016

Mustang

On 8/18/16, I was driving on Maryland state route 198, at about 40 mph, when the car began to lurch forward, stop, lurch forward as I came through a roundabout. I pulled over to the shoulder. I turned the car off, restarted the car, and while on the shoulder, I pressed the gas pedal, and again the car lurched forward twice and then stopped. Wrench light was lit up on dashboard (it wasn't lit moments before) and when I looked at the manual it said the car had defaulted to "limp to home" and I should see the dealer. I was more than 40 miles from home and called aaa. If this had occurred 10 minutes later, I would have been driving 55 mph on interstate 295 S and would have been in danger because that road has no shoulder. This car behavior mimicked what I experienced Oct. 6, 2015 (lurching, dashboard lights looking like a disco ball), when the dealer had to replace the throttle assembly (service date Oct. 7, 2015). However, the dealer is now telling me it is a transmission problem with the car showing tft sensor, P0710, P0713 code readings. This is the third major repair. On 11/23/12, the dealer replaced the instrument cluster, after I experienced an issue thanksgiving day with all dashboard lights looking like a disco ball and could not read the speedometer to know how fast I was driving while in baltimore on interstate 695. The car is 4 years old and has about 61,000 miles on it. I believe all three incidents represent safety issues. I did not know you could file a complaint until I began researching after this latest incident, and so include the the other two in this report.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Oct 152014

Mustang

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Mustang. When the accelerator pedal was depressed at approximately 80 mph, a fuel odor emitted from the air vent inside the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where a smoke test was performed and the technician stated that the vehicle was operating as designed. In addition, while driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle stalled and the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 36,400. The VIN was not available.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA