2014 Ford Mustang seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Mustang:

2014 Ford Mustang Owner Comments (Page 4 of 10)

Mustang

Takata recall. I have been waiting for 15 months for repair. I live in Florida where there are high temps and humidity. I am supposed to have priority with there conditions. I think 15 months is way too long.

- Spring Hill, FL, USA

Mar 052015

Mustang

Received letter from Ford saying there was a recal a month after we purchased the vehicle in March 2015. We have called the dealership every week since and they are claiming Ford still doesnt have the part and they are not willing to give us a loaner. They told us if it does erupt dont worry because then we can sue Ford. I dont want a lawsuit I was my car fixed and to be safe

- Windsor, CA, USA

Jul 032016

Mustang

Takata recall:my vehicle was involved in an accident where the recalled airbags deployed. Because of the recall, there are no replacement airbags at the time. The conclusion Ford and my insurance company (aaa) came to was to put temporary airbags from another recalled 2014 Mustang into my car until the new airbags become available. My car is currently at the body shop but I wanted to ask if I should accept my car back from the body shop with those recalled airbags or get an attorney to help me out. I worry that if my car is involved in an accident they can cause serious or life threatening injuries.

- San Mateo, CA, USA

Mustang

There are no replacement parts and no repairs available for the air bag recall. It is extremely frustrating to keep hearing on the news that people need to get their car in for repairs only to be told there are no parts! it's been over a year of waiting. And while we let the car sit for awhile, it now has to go off to college with my son. I do not feel comfortable sending a dangerous car to college! and yet what choice do I have? I can't sell the car with a recall on it and expect to get what I need out of it. I really need the government to acknowledge this is a grave concern and stop telling us to bring our cars in when there are no parts to fix the problem! it would also help if there was a buyback program to get these dangerous cars off the road!

- Fairfax, VA, USA

May 152015

Takata recall.

- Port Charlotte, FL, USA

May 012015

Mustang

I have received safety recall notice 15S21 letters from Ford on July 2015 and May 2016 however the dealers will not allow us to make an appointment to have the driver air bag replaced. I have copied this complaint to our attorney and hold all associated responsible for any injuries as this recall has been identified over 12 months ago and the dealers are not moving expeditiously to resolve such potential injury

- Santa Monica, CA, USA

Mustang

Needs the defective air bag replaced. Recall issued approximately a year and a half ago. Still selling new cars. Where is my replacement?

- North Richland Hills, TX, USA

Mustang

Takata recall - I received a recall notice from Ford in July of 2015. As of yet I have not been given an appointment to have this repaired. It has been brought to my attention that the repair parts supplied to the dealers are used to repair cars turned back to the dealers by lessees so the dealer can legally sell the cars of their lots. In the meantime I am driving this car with the faulty airbags in Florida risking my life and unable to sell the vehicle. Do I have any recourse in this matter as I have been told that it will probably be another six months until my car is repaired?

- Summerfield, FL, USA

Jun 062015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unknown. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 09/08/16

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

May 012016

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Bakersfiled, CA, USA

Jun 152016

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jul 062015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Ford Mustang. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however, the part for the recall was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Nottingham, MD, USA

Mustang

Takata recall - Ford advise of recal for the takata airbag safety issue in may of 2015. I just received another recall notice from Ford saying recall could not yet be fixed and current target was 2017. This is unacceptable. I have a son driving a car knowing that at any time his life could be put in danger by lack of a timely response by the manufacturer to repair a known defect of which they [Ford] are aware, notified - but done nothing. There is no legitimate excuse why Ford is forcing us to use a vehicle with a known safety defect with the takata exploding airbags without correcting the situation or providing alternative safe provisions such as use of a non-recalled vehicle of similar model, refund for the defective vehicle and its return, or replacement with a similar model vehicle without the known safety defect.

- Germantown, TN, USA

Mustang

Takata recall - I was informed in July of 2015 about the safety recall notice 15S21, regarding my takata airbag. In may of 2016, I was informed that my replacement airbag will not be ready until the 4th quarter of 2016. I consider this long delay unacceptable. I have family members who are afraid to drive the car due to the potential of injury due to the airbag defect. I am requesting some other course of action.

- Sherrills Ford, NC, USA

Oct 142014

Mustang

Takata recall-does anyone have any idea how long we are supposed to wait to have our airbags replaced? my car will be 2 years old in October and I am just keeping my fingers crossed that I do not have an accident that deploys the defective airbags-this is ridiculous and could be a serious safety concern. Thank you for any information that you can provide to me as to when I might expect to actually have my airbags replaced. Thank you, vicki elix

- Eagle Creek, OR, USA

May 262016

Mustang

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Mustang. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however, the parts for the repair were unavailable. The contact stated the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced any failures. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not yet available.

- Depew, NY, USA

May 152016

- Athens, MI, USA

May 242016

Mustang

Takata recall - no parts are available over a year after it was identified as an issue that can cause death! why aren't these being disabled or loaner cars being issued. How can someone drive this car knowing the part could fail and kill the driver or passenger" is it safer to drive without the airbag than with the defective one" no one at Ford would answer that question for me.

- Yardley, PA, USA

Jul 082015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Ford Mustang. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however, the parts needed were not available. The contact believed that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time to provide the recall repairs. The dealer and the manufacturer were made aware of delay. The contact had not experienced the failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Butler, PA, USA

Jul 132015

Mustang 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) and was unable to receive the part for the repair within a reasonable time frame and was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer was unable to provide a specific time frame to supply the part to the dealer and only indicated the end of the forth quarter the parts may become available. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 06/29/16 the vehicle was scheduled to be fixed on June 30, 2016. Updated 07/25/16.

- Yakima, WA, USA