2015 Ford Mustang body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Mustang:

2015 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Oct 082016

Mustang

Read about recall of side doors opening while driving in newspaper 2 mos ago and called Ford. Was lied to and told my vehicle was not one of the ones being recalled. Today got a recall notice from Ford in the mail. Why wasn't I told about this when I called them? Ford has failed to remedy this safety recall for my vehicle in a timely manner. ("Ford provided the general reimbursement plan for the cost of remedies paid for by vehicle owners prior to notification of a safety recall to the Agency in "February 2015". the ending date for reimbursement eligibility is October 31, 2016.) so, they waited 1 1/2 years knowing the problem but is giving people only 3 weeks for reimbursement--not acceptable. Then, the part will not be available until the second quarter of 2017!! (certainly not a timely remedy) so I have to drive around for at least 9 months will a potentially fatal safety issue. I had initially called Ford because I was contemplating a long car trip, which is mostly on highways. A door opening on its own when one is driving at 60-70 mph is not an option. Have had to cancel the trip as Ford will not give me a loaner for 9 months! P.S. the letter included a reference to go to www.safercar.gov reference NHTSA safety recall 16V-643. I tried it and your site stated "sorry, no results found for NHTSA safety recall 16V-643." Something is obviously not working at your end.

- Plantation, FL, USA

Oct 022016

Mustang

16S30 recall - my door latch closed while the door was open which prevented me from closing the door. After about an hour of messing with the driver side door latch I called a friend to bring tools to help. With tools I was able to force the latch back open so I could drive the car home. I have not opened the door since because I was made aware of the recall and the fact that Ford mo co has not provided a solution to the problem! I cannot even trade in the car due to the safety recall and the value of my car has decreased by $2000. I don't understand how a motor company can not be liable for a safety issue of such a serious nature and not be forced to recall the vehicles for repair or a buy back. Now the average american consumer is stuck with the problem because the regulating agencies are either working with Ford or otherwise showing leniency in this matter rather than requiring or mandating a solution be provided immediately...

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Aug 202016

Mustang

The rubber lip located under the car on the splash shield came up flying last night in the middle of the night while I was driving on highway 287 to wichita falls. Completely unannounced, on a empty road, with no hazzards.

- Cache, OK, USA

Aug 012015

Mustang

On July 4th, my 2015 Ford Mustang, had a break pedal issue, the pedal would lock and would not allow vehicle to stop. The fist time happen to me wile driving 55 mph and I was lucky because it was early in the morning on a not buy avenue so I was able to top the car with the hand break. However, in the process I was not able to stop at a red light. The tow the vehicle with 882 miles and returned to me with 882 miles. Service was horrible I had purchase the rental car option and the car was not provided to me until the day after the incident. In addition, they only conducted a visual point inspection and reprogrammed the PCM. I spoke to my case manager at Ford and they guarantee that they had resolve the problem and that it would not happen. Unfortunately on August 1st only a month later and at around 1500 miles, the break pedal locked and this time I was involve in an accident. Although I was driving only 35 mph, my vehicle suffer sever damages. I tow the vehicle to Ford and expected a rental car, but they told me that I would have to pay for the rental, which is stupid because my extended warranty should cover the expenses of the rental. I feel lucky that I had the accident at a low speed and I didn't have any injury to my self. However if it would been at a highway speed I could be death and possible many other, due to an issue that I had presented to Ford a month in advance. I hate Ford, I am scare to drive, and every time I hear a honk I panic. Today is a week since the accident and dealership has not even look at the car since they are still waiting on Ford instructions. The dealership excuse is that they need to drive the car to diagnose the issue, however the wheel and tire and the arm that help to give the direction of the car is damage and does not allow them to drive it. Now Ford wants to drive it!!

- Mission , TX, USA

Jun 172015

Mustang

I failed to leave the car in 1st gear on an approximately 4% grade. I engaged the parking brake and left the vehicle. The vehicle remained parked in place for 20-30 minutes. Somewhere between 0 and 30 minutes later, the parking brake released and the vehicle rolled down the grade, causing damage to the vehicle and neighbor's property. I am an ex-braking engineer and have reproduced the defect multiple times well under the FMVSS 135 protocol limits of acceptable performance. I communicated this to Ford customer care and they wish for me to have body damage replaced through insurance.

- Shelby, NC, USA