2015 Ford Mustang miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Mustang:

2015 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Jun 192016

Air conditioner potentially leaking freon into passenger compartment. While driving around noticed lite fog/smoke coming through air vents into passenger compartment (not observed this before and windows were closed). 20 minutes later air conditioner started blowing warm air. Later that week found out air conditioner evaporator coil had leaked rendering the air conditioning unusable. Mileage at time of occurance ~12,255 miles. Also noticed a lot of 2015 model cars with similar failure mode

- Pearland, TX, USA

May 012015

Purchased the car brand new Nov 2014. The 1st occurrence was around may or June of 2015 on a city street and I was slowing down while in 6th gear with the clutch pushed in and then I pulled the shifter into neutral. The run active power caught my eye and then there I also so the the RPM was on 0. I questioned myself on this 1st incident that maybe I did something wrong. 2nd incident happened sometime in Sept 2015 and I was on another city street in 4th gear getting ready to come to a stop at a red light, with the clutch all the way to the floor I placed the shifter in neutral and I had a feeling that the car wasn't on anymore and looked at the gauges and saw that run active power was on again and RPM was on 0. this time I kind of started to suspect the car. 3rd occurrence happened June 11th 2016 and I was on a highway slowing down from 55 or so and push in the clutch to neutral and while rolling in neutral around 40 to 45 mph I saw the RPM go straight to 0 and at this point im convinced there needs to be a recall. All 3 incidents I quickly started the car back up while rolling. Also since I've purchased the car I've had the display randomly say that all of my drive modes are unavailable, traction control unavailable, hill assist unavailable, and a few more. 1st time I noticed that was while sitting in traffic, and 2nd time was on a random start up. I believe this could be a computer issue.

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA

Mar 152016

My engine has randomly shut off three separate times now. I have about 12,000 miles on mt 2015 Mustang GT w/pp manual transmission. The first time I was parked and it was idling, my friend and I both witnessed the idle dip, then 3-5 seconds later the engine shut off. The second time (was much more dangerous) I was changing lanes because of a car fast approaching from behind, I downshifted from 3rd to 2nd gear (30-40mph), let out the clutch smoothly, pressed the accelerator and the car did nothing, I looked down and the RPM was at 0 and "press clutch to start" was displayed on the gauge cluster screen. I quickly depressed clutch and restarted engine and took off to avoid an accident. The third time happened today 3/15/2016 I was again at idle and the engine just shut down without me touching anything, it again displayed "press clutch to start". I've read in forums that many people are having this issue intermittently, this could be a serious safety issue that can have deadly consequences. Please address this issue correctly rather than sending everyone home with the "we didn't find any issue" go-to response. Hopefully people don't have to get injured, or god forbid die, before this issue is taken seriously.

- Buffalo, NY, USA

Jun 122015

Car is experiencing a vibration problem at 65 to 75 mph, in 6 gear, and engine is at 1750 RPM. Vibration is duplicated again, in 5th gear, and engine is at 2500 RPM. Also, with car in the stop position, car in neutral, with clutch in or out, slowly revving the engine vibration occurs at 1500 to 1750 rpms. Also if you quickly rev the engine to 2500 RPM and drop revs slowly vibration reoccurs at 1750 to 1500 RPM. This problem has been present with initial purchase of vehicle, dealership said it was tires and drive it for awhile. The car has since been in the dealership 5 times, replaced all 4 tires, force road balanced 3 times, and has been to second Ford dealership for confirming vibration problem. Second dealership also had another new Mustang experiencing same vibration and could not be fixed. Ford Motor Company has declared the vibration problem is within specs for Mustangs and has declared it "normal operating characteristics" for Mustangs. At this point my case with Ford has been closed. If this vibration problem is occurring in 40 percent of Mustangs as a prior complaint has stated then Ford motors need to address it and not ignore it.

- Portsmouth, NH, USA

Aug 012015

Loud thud when shifting, grinding during shifting of all gears, intermittent high RPM lockout. Ford claims its "normal".

- Calera , AL, USA

Jun 182015

Was driving down the road only a mile from my house. Slowed down for a red light and the engine stalled out. I had to pull over to restart the vehicle. Vehicle started back up fine. I thought maybe I stalled it since there was no cel and it started right back up. However the exact same thing happened 3 days later, the same distance from my house. This time I knew I did not stall it. It is currently at the dealership now. They explained they would have great difficulty replicating the issue since it didn't throw any codes. This is a serious safety issue for a brand new car with only 10,000 miles.

- Yorktown, VA, USA