2015 Ford Mustang steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Mustang:

2015 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Aug 022016

2015 Mustang 2.3 L ecoboost, when at ideal for more then 5 - 10 min. It starts smoking white smoke from the tail pipes, the longer it sits the heavier the smoke gets. Steering : sometimes when turning left the steering wheel doesn't return to center, I have to pull the steering wheel, as if it is stuck. Transmission feels like it shifts hard sometimes and sometimes it does not. Passenger airbag : when someone is riding with me the airbag turns off. Driver side seat: Has cooled seats. Doesn't work all the time, states it is on, but not feeling anything cool. Contacted Ford and they will not do much about it. Except tell me to bring it to the shop.

- Rison, AR, USA

Mar 012015

My car since 2015 when I purchase my vehicle had a ticking sound from the engine. Ford never open the engine indicating that it will cost to much for them to fix it. On top of this problem has worsen and airbegs, stability and other problems has arise now and Ford refuses to fix them.

- West Covina, CA, USA

Dec 022015

At about 2000 miles I noticed the steering tending to pull to the left preventing the car from going straight down the road. It appears to happen on any road surface and was intermittent. The dealership suggested the Mustangs steering is very sensitive and was responding to road conditions. They deflated the tires as well as conducting a diagnostic. As time passed the condition worsened and developed to the right as well as the left. In addition the car developed a clunk noise when the wheels were turned hard left or right, also intermittent. My dealer checked it out, saw the pulling to the right as the technician road with me, and completed an alignment. They were unable to reproduce the issue but I experienced it as I drove it off the lot following their "repair." It continues to happen and requires consistent attention to ensure that when the steering goes awry it can be corrected. The last repair was 12/2 and 12/3 and the car continues to manifest the same problem. The dealership insists that there is nothing wrong with the vehicle that they can determine. I intend to call the Ford company.

- Olympia, WA, USA

Sep 132015

As I was making a left hand turn into my driveway, we heard a slight snap noise and the power steering quit. Lights started coming on, on the drivers screen, indicating that many functions of the car had stopped working, like traction control. I could not turn the wheel. My husband wrestled the car into the garage. We called our local Ford dealer in the morning and they had it towed to the dealership. They said it was an internal E.P.a.S. rack failure. The part number was fr3Z-3504-a, kit - steering. I would hate to think about what would have happened if I had been on a busy road or interstate when this occurred.

- Charlevoix, MI, USA