1995 Ford Ranger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Ford Ranger:

1995 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

May 012014

Ranger XLT V6 4.0L

I love the truck it just has a few problems. One is the brakes will lock up every time its wet, humid, or snows. I start my day with my brakes locking, sliding down my steep driveway. It's annoying and its unsafe. 'Ive had my brakes checked 3 times by my auto mechanic and he said he can do nothing. He also told me that I'm not the only one with that problem. He had 3 other Rangers in the past month that were having the same problem as me. Not just that, the ABS goes on for no reason. Almost slid into a car in front of me on a slushy road. Thankfully before the ABS came on I was going slow in the first place and gave a lot of distance between us. I slowly pressed down on the brake. and right after I pressed it I lost full control of the braking. Slid and only had about 1ft and 1/2 in front of me. Almost had a heart attack and almost sh*t my pants. Now the truck IS 20 years old so the abs may need to be changed, so I won't blame the truck for that but still... DISABLE your abs.

- , Litchfield, CT, USA