1998 Ford Ranger accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Ranger:

1998 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Aug 082001

Ranger 4WD

The cable that supports the spare tire broke at approximately 40 mph. The fromt of the spare droped down contacting the road which resulted in the rear of the truck being lifted in the air. Luckly this happened on a secluded section of the road and there was no other traffic. I can't emagine what would have happened if this had occured on a buisy expressway during rush hour traffic. I called the dealer since I was returning home after having all four tires replaced under the recall program. The dealer informed me I should call Ford customer service. Customer service thanked me for the call but said there was no program that would cover the cost of replacing the faulty cable.

- Sperry, OK, USA