1998 Ford Ranger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Ranger:

1998 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Jun 252009

Ranger Splash 4.0L

I have a 1998 4.0 Ford Ranger Splash..and all of the steel brake lines are rusted and leaking and when i had it looked at at a dealer they told me that my whole under truck frame and brake lines are rusted and are falling apart..I don't think that my frame should be rusted and falling apart..and the dealer said that there is so much rust under the truck that when they start removing everything that's in the way to get to the brake lines that there are so many rusted parts that they will start falling apart and more money to replace everything else..the truck was factory undercoated when I bought it...why can't Ford do something like Nissan did with there rusted frames...please help...

- , Beach Haven, NJ, USA