4.0

1998 Ford Ranger lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Ranger:

1998 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Nov 062008

Ranger

The plastic headlight lens are severely cloudy, a lot worse as time time goes on....years ago, when I bought the truck they were clear, now they are very - very opac, cloudy, so bad that you can't even see the headlight bulb ! there are many vehicles that have the same problem! so many, in fact that the part store aftermarket industries have come out with a restoration kit. I am sure that the cloudy, opac lens do severely lessen the amount of light emitted through the lens. My opinion on this is that the type of plastic selected by Ford seemed fine back in 1998 but over a period of years the plastic deteriorates. My recommendations is to have the manufactures replace them. By, I did buy the kit from a parts store and it is called headlight restorer / defogger kit. Myheadlight.com. My brother and I hand buffed his 2001 Jeep headlights and it took us almost 2 hours ! it did help the amount of lighting! P.S. sorry, haven't got spell-check....

- Haughton, LA, USA

Apr 142004

Ranger

Consumer complained about a turn signal problem. Consumer was driving and noticed a puff of smoke, and a crackling sound behind the dashboard. Consumer took the vehicle to the dealer, and dealer determined that multi-function module had an electrical short.

- Novato, CA, USA