1998 Ford Ranger suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Ranger:

1998 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Jun 091998

The dealer fixed the leaf spring to correct what was a 3 inch lower left rear than the right rear. The truck fishtailed badby over any degree of rough road. It is slightly better since the spring has been replaced. But the dealer told me the leaning problem was still there. The said they contacted Ford and Ford told them the leaning was a problem with all 1998 Ford Ranger XLT and otherwise. There was a special shim created by Ford to correct the height difference in the rear. The dealer ordered the shim and I wait for it's arrival. Paint was bad in lower rear of cab also. The agreed to fix that. I need to know if this shim business is a safety problem. I don't want a shimmed new car. In the process of returning. I am not convinced they didn't know about it when it was sold to me as new & just hoped I wouldn't notice. I am checking with a body shop to see if the truck has been hit or damaged & repainted. It has tape on the body where the paint is bad! my plan

- New Wilmington, PA, USA