1999 Ford Ranger suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Ranger:

1999 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Sep 042007

Ranger Xlt Offroad 4x4 4.0L No E.G.R

I got the truck for free.. it sat for 9 or 10 months a year. i knew it had rust but it wasn't showing to bad . just lately its gotten to the point that i have to pull it into the shop to patch weld every two weeks .its tuff because the steel is so thin .i just keep burning through spare tire to a ride. don't know were it went rotted rite off the hanger.i had to take a " J " hook for an exhaust hanger and weld it to one of the bed channel and the front tank strap so the tank wouldn't fall out .I cut the rest of my spare tire mount off because it kept shifting when ever I hit a bump or took a hard turn.I used some exhaust pipe and welded it between the frame rails too help stiffen it up..I also took a piece of old bed frame and welded it to the left shock mount rivet to stop it from flexing real bad when ever iI stepped on the gas.Its so unstable now that I cant go over 50 MPH. or it starts to shake so bad that I have to pull over and slow down. Needless to say I no longer take it on the hiway.

- , Southyarmouth, MA, USA