6.0

2000 Ford Ranger engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Ranger:

2000 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Jul 012007

Ranger XLT 4.0L V6

This truck is going in for repairs Tuesday March 2009. I am broke need the truck and thought I was doing our country some good by buying U.S. Next truck TOYOTA! I know the idle sensor was bad when I bought it used. But it would not show up on their computer so they would not cover it. The truck would not start so I found out by a ford guy tap it and that fixes it. So I carry a small hammer with me and that is sometimes how I get it to either idle right or start. The sensor only acts up once in a blue moon.

- , Clinton, IA, USA