9.3

2. buy a new truck (1 reports)
2001 Ford Ranger body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Ranger:

2001 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

May 112015

Ranger 4.0L

TOOK TRUCK TO BE INSPECTED FRAME CRACKED, REAR CAB MOUNTS ON INNER SIDE ROTTED, OUT FRONT OF BED ROTTED OUT. I BOUGHT IT NEW IN 2001 PAID $23,000. FORD NEEDS TO REPLACE IT FOR THE SAME PRICE I PAID. NEW CAR OR TRUCK OR I GUESS AFTER BEING BROUGHT UP ON FORD I'LL GO TO CHEVROLET.

- , Lecontesmills, USA

Oct 092013

Ranger XLT 3.2L V6

Frame is rusted and there cracks in the frame in front of the forward spring shackles on both sides. And the fuel tank straps are rusted away.

- , Gloucester, MA, USA

Apr 012008

Ranger XLT 4.0L V6

I purchased a 2001 Ford Ranger XLT two years ago and when I went to get a sticker on it last year I had to put a lot of money into having part of the frame replaced due to rot. This year I took it to Quirk Ford in Augusta to see what it would need before my sticker and was told that even if I get the basic regular maintenance done to get a sticker ($3k) it would NEVER get a sticker again due to the rot in the rocker panels and the frame. I've contacted Ford as it is only 8 years old and shouldn't be in that condition. They will do nothing about it. I am stuck with paying the remainder $5800 I owe on the vehicle and I can't get out of it due to the negative equity because of the condition the vehicle is in. I am the only source of income for our family of 3 right now and I can't afford to make two vehicle payments. I live too far from work to walk. It really upsets me that I'm stuck with no options for an issue that shouldn't even be.

- , Gardiner, ME, USA