2001 Ford Ranger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Ranger:

2001 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Nov 012003

Ranger 4WD 6-cyl

I was driving in the off road area of oceano dunes and went off a sand dune head first about 15 feet. The entire front end is smashed, I hit the steering wheel so hard it is bent. Neither the air bag nor the seat belt worked. I had taken the truck in for repair five different times because the air bag light would stay on for long periods of time. They said they had repaired it the last time but obviously they hadn't. I have called repeatedly since the accident, they keep promising to return my call but I get no response from them. First they wouldn't believe there was anything wrong and now they refuse to accept responsibility for the failure of their safety equipment to work. I wonder if any one is interested in a class action suit.

- Oceano, CA, USA