- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
2001 Ford Ranger
Worst 2001 Ranger transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- O/D light flashes11
- rough shifting4
- transmission failure4
- difficulty going into gear2
- transmission shifts hard or surges on light throttle2
- doesn't realize it's in park, won't start1
- hi and low 4x4 warning lights on, control module failure1
- transmission rattles1
- trouble shifting into high gear1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission22
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission5
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Park/Neutral ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission: Floor Shift ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Ranger Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Ranger compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Ranger overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Ranger.