8.0

2002 Ford Ranger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Ranger:

2002 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Apr 292007

Ranger Edge 4.0

• CVT transmission

My Ford Ranger 4x4 std. semms to have a problem with the transmission, the first time this happened I was trying to back out of a hole in low range 4x4, every time I let the clutch out the motor stalled instantly. I switched to 4x4 high and out she came, why? Since then I noticed when I back up (just after switching off 4x4 ) the truck acts like the brakes are on when turning. switching 4x4 off to 4x2 makes no difference, wont disingage until the truck moves forward.

- , Gold River, BC, Canada